Due to an internal promotion, our West Memphis, Arkansas client is seeking a vibrant/bold/driven candidate who can "next level" this flagship facility.
(Please note - This is a facility CEO position, which is an intricate part of a thriving multi-facility network of psychiatric hospitals and residential treatment centers)
- Operational management of clinical and non-clinical departments including but not limited to: Nursing, Business Development, Process Improvement, Finance, Clinical Services, Regulatory Affairs in an effort to effectively secure and promote high quality patient care outcomes.
- Ensure quality metrics are achieved through sound clinical processes following accreditation and regulatory agency guidelines.
- Coordinate medical staff participation in new ventures and targets, develop new areas of care.
- Develop positive relationships and promote collaborations with internal and external stakeholders – including community partners, agencies, and other health delivery systems.
- Regularly communicate with national team regarding budget preparation and management to ensure consistency and effectiveness.
- Utilize financial information to inform / drive other programmatic decisions, such as shifting of resources, new revenue, and new referral sources.
- Effectively manage contract negotiations and compliance with the commercial payor community.
- Stay informed about emerging models in behavioral health care delivery, including integrated care and collaborative care models, and their applications in community mental health care settings.
- Grow and sustain high patient census in all units.
- Understand and embrace corporate support and reporting structures.
Requirements for consideration:
- Proven 5+ years leadership experience in an acute, freestanding children-adolescent mental/ behavioral health setting
- Master’s degree in related field; MHA preferred
- A committed focus on clinical excellence, building a patient-centered culture
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage and build collaborative relationships within complex networks, including referral sources and external patient care partners.
- Strong results in orientation, ability to prioritize efforts towards key results, utilizing innovative approaches to teach, coach, mentor, and delegate effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Collaborative leadership style, building strong working relationships across the facility and corporate teams; modeling and holding staff accountable for working with honesty, integrity, discretion, and privacy.
Benefits include the following:
- Service excellence and fulfilling work environment
- Healthy salary: $150,000 - $170,000 (depending on experience and passion)
- 401(k) plan and company match
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Supplemental Insurance Plans available