Quality Assurance QA Engineer
Phynd Technologies Omaha, NE
Quality Assurance Engineer
The Phynd QA Engineer is responsible for maintaining the quality of the Phynd platform, and coordinate with the Phynd team working on various aspects of the platform. A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is essential. This individual must be a critical thinker who can efficiently solve problems and work well with a diverse team.
The QA Engineer will contribute to team meetings and the overall engineering process. Must be detailed oriented, diligent and coordinate multiple tasks within the team and understand the entire software development life cycle.
- Member of the Agile Development team composed of onshore and offshore members; participate in the Agile ceremonies: sprint planning, daily stand-ups, iteration review, and retrospective.
- Must participate in reviewing business requirements and obtain clarifications from the project team.
- Translate user stories into working test plans and test cases
- Analyze test results to ensure correct functionality and interact with the team for resolution of defects.
- Responsible for communicating daily progress, issues, risks and quality metrics
- Deliver project assignments on time
- Develop subject matter expertise in Phynd’s platform
Education & Experience:
- 3+ years of experience testing web and data intensive applications
- BS in Computer Science preferred or a related field.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience working with a distributed development team and demonstrated knowledge of Agile Scrum Methodology
- Experience with Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) tools such as Rally, Jira, TFS etc. to translate User Stories into working test plans and test cases
- Strong knowledge and experience with Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Experience testing RESTful APIs using Postman/Newman or similar tools
- Working knowledge of JMeter or similar tools.
- Hands-on experience with test automation using the Selenium and Microsoft C#
- Experience with software testing and automated testing techniques with a strong focus on quality throughout the entire software development cycle
- Understanding of fundamental design principles for building scalable applications
- Experience testing applications based on Amazon Web Services (AWS), or other cloud service providers in an Agile environment
- Ability to communicate with business users in understanding new requirements and resolving issues
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good interpersonal communication skills with ability to work with other members in a team
- Experience in the Healthcare industry is preferred.
Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer prigrammer MySQL C# Java SQL Server
| Date Posted
April 16, 2019
| Date Closes
May 22, 2019
| Located In
| Job Type
| Experience Level
Intermediate (3-7 yrs. experience)
40 hours per week
| Start Date
| Positions Available
| SOC Category
15-1099.01 Software Quality Assurance Engineers and Testers
This job offers the following benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Stock Options / Purchase Plan
- Long-Term Disability
- Casual Dress
- Discounts on Employer Merchandise & Services
- Employee Referral Program
- Free Parking
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Sick Leave
- Travel Stipends
- Merit Increases
This job requires the following skills
- Computer Usage
- Excellent Communications
- Excellent Team Member
- Positive Attitude
- Problem Resolution
- Strong Flexibility / Adaptability
- Healthcare IT Technology
- MySQL Workbench
- Cloud Servers
- Agile / Scrum
- Document Lifecycle Management
- Project Management
This job is related other jobs in these career categories
Course(s) relevant to the skills listed for this position