BUILD your career with a global, diversified company that provides market leading assessment capabilities and technology services to help clients around the world achieve their goals.
LIVE your passion through a culture that actively supports community involvement and embraces a "whole person" company benefits philosophy including a compensation package designed for your total well-being.
CREATE our future by empowering organizations of all sizes to monitor, measure, and understand information in order to improve effectiveness. For more than four decades, we have been recognized as the trusted source for reliable data capture, assessment, and analysis.
We are the iconic brand in assessment and technology services. We are Scantron professionals.
Scantron is a global, diversified company that provides market leading assessment capabilities and technology services to help learners, educators, business owners, and professionals around the world achieve their goals. We empower organizations of all sizes to monitor, measure, and understand information in order to improve effectiveness. For more than four decades, the Scantron brand has been recognized as the trusted source for assessments, analytics, technology services, managed print, and data capture solutions. Scantron is headquartered in Eagan, MN, with offices in Omaha, NE, Columbia, PA, and in the Research Triangle of NC. www.Scantron.com .
- Take charge of your future with our generous 401K savings plan with company match, which is vested from day one.
- Participate in our company wide well-being program that also serves to lower your annual health insurance premiums.
- Explore new education opportunities with our Tuition Reimbursement Plan which covers up to $5,250.
- We offer work-life flexibility, meeting personal obligations along with professional success.
The IT Implementation Engineer II is a senior technical role that serves our healthcare, banking, SMB and enterprise customer base. The individual will serve as the technical lead on assigned projects and as an escalation resource for priority issues. Successful individuals in this role demonstrate superior customer service, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and advanced technical abilities covering a wide range of disciplines.
- Build, configure and deploy complex infrastructure solutions including servers, workstations, storage, and network devices
- Set up, configure and manage virtualized environments including VMWare and Hyper-V
- Employ advanced networking skills in configuring and troubleshooting switches, firewalls, WAPs and VLANs
- Provide expert Active Directory administration skills including creating or migrating to new domains
- Experienced in implementing backup and disaster recovery solutions
- Experienced in deploying cloud solutions, particularly O365 and Azure
- Experienced with Microsoft Exchange configuration and administration
- Demonstrate superior troubleshooting capabilities
- Serve as point of escalation and mentor for teammates and other departments
- Provide support for Field Service Technicians performing on-site installations
- Demonstrate ability to balance priorities on multiple active projects, meet deadlines and follow-through on objectives to successfully complete assignments
- Participate in meetings to facilitate project planning, implementation strategy and provide status updates
- Occasional regional travel required to customer sites to perform IT infrastructure installations
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems or a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience required
- Current networking and/or server administration certifications preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience with computer operating systems (server and pc) required
- Minimum 5 years of experience with technology infrastructure, including pc/laptop, servers and networking devices required
- 5 years of experience in local and wide area networking (preferred)
All team members are responsible for demonstrating the company's Core Values at all times and for using Performance Excellence principles to continuously improve effectiveness, efficiency, products, and services. This includes, but is not limited to, participating on improvement teams, recommending and implementing improvement ideas, and participating in training and other activities to keep up to date on processes, information, etc.
All team members are responsible for supporting and complying with internal and external audits, to include providing information, performing assigned tasks to ensure compliance, and preparing and maintaining evidence that key duties identified as internal controls have been performed.
All team members are responsible for supporting and complying with safety and security policies to promote a healthy working environment.
Scantron is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants who have disabilities may request that accommodations be made in order to complete the selection process by contacting our Director of Talent Acquisition, Wendy Hinson at 919 657-6903 .
EEO is the law. To review your rights under Equal Employment Opportunity please visit: www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.