Provide managed security services to clients including assessment, planning, implementation, monitoring and audit activities. Lead and/or assist with security response, analysis and remediation efforts in collaboration with client and internal IT teams.
- Work with client IT teams to conduct risk assessments, vulnerability scans, penetration tests and security audits.
- Lead and/or perform project management related to security initiatives.
- Provide customer and internal team training on security topics, procedures, tools and policy.
- Assist managed services teams with security related monitoring, incident response and remediation.
- Assist Senior Security Engineer with projects, documentation and assessment deliverables.
- Travel 25% to domestic, regional client locations with occasional overnight stays.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Security or related field and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3-4 years experience in an Information Security role.
- Advanced knowledge of network systems and server operating systems.
- Advanced knowledge of security principals, security testing tools, backup / recovery tools and vulnerability / monitoring tools.
- Experience with vulnerability scanning and penetration testing.
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills.
- Customer focused, team and goal oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with PCI, HIPPA, FISMA, RMF, SOC 2 and other compliance programs.
- Experience working with financial institutions and applications preferred.
One or more of the following certifications or related training: Security+, CISA/CISM, CEH / CNDA, LPT, CISSP.