BUILD your career with a global, diversified company that provides market leading assessment capabilities and technology services to help clients around the world achieve their goals.
LIVE your passion through a culture that actively supports community involvement and embraces a "whole person" company benefits philosophy including a compensation package designed for your total well-being.
CREATE our future by empowering organizations of all sizes to monitor, measure, and understand information in order to improve effectiveness. For more than four decades, we have been recognized as the trusted source for reliable data capture, assessment, and analysis.
We are the iconic brand in assessment and technology services. We are Scantron professionals.
Scantron is a global, diversified company that provides market leading assessment capabilities and technology services to help learners, educators, business owners, and professionals around the world achieve their goals. We empower organizations of all sizes to monitor, measure, and understand information in order to improve effectiveness. For more than four decades, the Scantron brand has been recognized as the trusted source for assessments, analytics, technology services, managed print, and data capture solutions. Scantron is headquartered in Eagan, MN, with offices in Omaha, NE, Columbia, PA, and in the Research Triangle of NC. Scantron.com
· Take charge of your future with our generous 401K savings plan with company match, which is vested from day one.
· Participate in our company wide well-being program that also serves to lower your annual health insurance premiums.
· Explore new education opportunities with our Tuition Reimbursement Plan which covers up to $5,250.
· We offer work-life flexibility, meeting personal obligations along with professional success.
The Pre-Sales Engineer is responsible for assisting our front-line sales force with System and Network design proposal generation, technical approvals and ultimately closing Professional Services business.
- Completing technical review of hardware specifications and finalizing network solutions for quotes.
- Being involved in qualified sales calls when technical assistance is needed. This phone consultation will include both the early network design phase as well as the final closing
- Be present at on-site sales appointments with large prospects to address in-depth technical questions.
- Be responsible for creating and maintaining technical specifications for each Business Partner’s software.
- Continuously enhance technical knowledge and attain sales qualifications in various lines of hardware.
- Meet or exceed Professional Services sales targets in tandem with front-line account executives via new customer development.
- Manage high volume workload and meet deadlines, while adjusting priorities as needed
- All employees are responsible for using the principles of “First In Service” in order to continuously improve the performance products and services of Scantron Technology Solutions. This includes but is not limited to participating on improvement teams recommending and implementing improvement ideas participating in training and other activities to keep up to date on processes information etc.
- All employees are responsible for demonstrating the company's Core Values at all times and for using Performance Excellence principles to continuously improve effectiveness, efficiency, products, and services. This includes, but is not limited to, participating on improvement teams, recommending and implementing improvement ideas, and participating in training and other activities to keep up to date on processes, information, etc.
- All employees are responsible for supporting and complying with internal and external audits, to include providing information, performing assigned tasks to ensure compliance, and preparing and maintaining evidence that key duties identified as internal controls have been performed.
- All employees are responsible for supporting and complying with safety and security policies to promote a healthy working environment.
- Bachelors degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university is preferred; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Prior experience working with Servers, SANs, Windows, Networking and Peripherals
- Prior experience with Cloud Solutions (Azure, AWS, Google)
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical people
- Excellent customer service skills
Scantron is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants who have disabilities may request that accommodations be made in order to complete the selection process by contacting our Recruiting Coordinator, Wendy Hinson at 919 657-6903