Centro Latino (Centro) is looking for an Executive Director who is a self-starter with extraordinary interpersonal skills who can prioritize and complete projects. The successful candidate will be optimistic and versatile in a position that requires frequent change and flexibility. If you are practical, results-oriented, enjoy frequent interaction with others, and want an opportunity to grow than this might be what you are looking for.
Centro’s mission is to educate and empower Hispanic/Latino individuals and families towards a self-sufficient, safe, and healthy life. Centro offers a wide variety of programs including family support services, adult education, immigration legal services and civic engagement and leadership.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead fund development efforts (donor identification, donor cultivation, event oversight, etc.) to maintain current programming as well as diversify funding sources.
- Provide strategic direction for all programmatic activities including fundraisers, community programs, and related special events.
- Responsible for efficient and effective day-to-day operations of Centro including, but not limited to staff management, fund development, and recruitment and training of volunteers.
- Develop an operational plan which incorporates goals and objectives that work towards the strategic vision of the organization.
- Maintain fiscal integrity of Centro to include submission to the Board of proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements.
- Oversee the budget including planning, preparing, monitoring and administering; recommend opportunities to grow and develop new revenue streams for the organization.
- Develop marketing and public relations programs to gain prospective donors.
- Monitor program activities and project expenditures.
- Maintain effective working relationships with the public and serve as a liaison to participating community institutions, organizations, and agencies.
- Communicate effectively with the Board and provide all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
- Enhance Centro’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in non-profit management, social/public services, Latino studies or related discipline preferred.
- Five years of experience in a nonprofit leadership role preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential job duties and responsibilities.
- Fluency in Spanish required.
- Resident of Pottawattamie County preferred or willing to relocate.
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and fundraising.
- Knowledge and experience with administrative aspects including hiring, firing, evaluating and supervising staff and volunteers.
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector.
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate Board Members and other volunteers.
- Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong public speaking ability.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be a self-starter who can initiate projects and move them forward.
You can either click the "Apply" button or send your information directly to : https://goo.gl/zBqTvA
Centro Latino is an Equal Opportunity Employer