Front Office Manager - Guest Services Manager - Omaha NE
Atrium Hospitality is a leading hotel and asset management company, overseeing a portfolio of 84 hotels in 30 states licensed primarily through the Marriott, Hilton and Intercontinental brand families. We strive to bring to life a culture that promotes the four simple values that drive our business: Perseverance, Respect, Service, and Teamwork.
To maintain a high quality of services offered to guests through management of the functional areas of reservations, guest registration, bell services, telephone services, and guest accounting so as to maintain established operational standards and maximize profits of the hotel. Concierge and garage services may also report to this position.
- Supervise Front Desk staff: hiring, firing, performance evaluations, training, and development. Schedule staff according to labor standards and forecasted occupancy.
- Maintain standards of guest service quality. Contribute to the profitability and guest satisfaction perception of other hotel departments. Increase the level of guest satisfaction by delivery of an improved product through employee development, job engineering, and quality image.
- Achieve budgeted revenues and expenses and maximizes profitability related to the guest services department.
- Develop short term and long term financial and operational plans for the guest service department which relate to the overall objectives of the hotel. Participate in the preparation of the annual hotel budget.
- Manage the reservation function to maintain the highest possible room occupancy and average daily rate through suggestive selling by employees.
- Maintain procedures for credit control and handling of financial transactions, security of monies, guest security and emergency procedures.
- Receive departmental related guest complaints and ensures corrective action is taken.
- Ensure staff uses guest interaction skills. Reward employees who meet/exceed guest expectations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Analyze and interpret business records and statistical reports; interpret policies established by administrators.
- Use mathematical skills to interpret financial information and prepare budgets.
- Understand the government regulations covering business operations.
- Make business decisions based on production reports and similar facts, experience, and opinion.
- Plan and organize the work of others.
- Change activity frequently and cope with interruptions.
- Bachelors Degree in Management, Hotel Administration, Business or related field.
- Minimum one (1) year experience on night audit, two (2) years experience in front desk operations, and one (1) year experience in either direct sales or retail trade; OR, an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Full-time associates are eligible for the following benefits:
- Paid Time Off
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Company paid life with employee paid supplemental options
- Matching 401-k with immediate vesting for eligible participating associates
- Company Hotel Travel Discounts
Working for Atrium Hospitality offers more than a great job; it offers the ability to make a difference in a meaningful way every day. Whether you are a recent graduate, new to the industry, or an experienced professional, Atrium provides extraordinary opportunities for growth and competitive compensation and benefits in an exciting, customer-centric workplace.
Atrium Hospitality is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans