- Prepare personal, corporate, and partnership tax returns of varying complexities.
- Respond to tax notices of any sort and does initial drafts of any letters required.
- Prepares perosnal proeprty tax returns and occupation tax reports.
- Performs monthly client bookkeeping as needed.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly, and annual payroll tax returns, 1099s and W-2s and performs monthly client bookkeeping, as needed.
- Uses the firm's software programs to automate the process from trial balance, financial statements and the tax return. Good understanding of the firm's depreciation software.
- Reconciles client records to trial balance, which may include analytical procedures and performs schedule computations of prepaids, accruals, property and equipment and depreciation expense.
- Perform services within budgeted time by developing technical, time management and organization skills.
- Effectively communicates with client to receive information necessary to complete the engagement with a minimum of disruption to the client.
- Develops sound working relationships with admistrative personnel, peers and supervisors to foster teamwork. ?
Necessary Skills & Qualifications:
- Education and/or experience: Bachelors Degree in accounting or Master's Degree in accounting. Proficiency with computer and software programs, 10-Key calculator.
- Minimum of 40 hours of continuing education is required, which is provided by the firm.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Either holds a current and valid certified public accountant's license or is working toward obtaining the license by taking and passing the applicable state CPA exam.