A Great Opportunity for Growth within a Successful Company!
EAD is one of the Midwest's most progressive and innovative construction, controls and engineering firms. EAD supports our clients' engineering, construction and controls automation projects on hundreds of systems in industrial manufacturing facilities. We specialize in the food, pharmaceutical, and parcel industries and¦we make cool stuff!
Our firm has been amazing clients and employees since 2001 and has an outstanding culture filled with comradery, teamwork and fun. We believe in supporting each other in the office and in the field. When a customer, co-worker or the company needs assistance we are a TEAM.
EAD Controls Systems is looking for a Controls Engineer Intern for the summer to assist in providing engineering support.
- Assist with PLC/DCS based control system and instrument design per Client requirements
- Work with engineers to perform all programming of the control system as required
- Work alongside full-time employees on various projects to deliver quality controls documentation
- Obtain experience working on designs for industrial and commercial projects
- Responsible for adhering to all EADs safety standards and practices
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Completion of 3 years of Electrical Engineering coursework preferable with an emphasis in Electrical Engineering
- No experience required
- Ability to work 35-40 hours per week at the facility located in Omaha, NE
- Knowledge of electrical engineering fundamentals, PLC logic, Allen Bradley/Siemens/Schneider programming, HMI, and/or SCADA preferred
- Possess organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of Excel including macros
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of AutoCAD a plus
- Possess and able to maintain a valid drivers license
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Office, plant, or client site environment*
- Ability to sit and work at computer for an extended period of time
- Ability to walk up numerous flights of stairs/ladders multiple times a day and/or work in tight spaces in extreme conditions
- May work near moving mechanical parts and equipment*
- Office, Commercial and/or Industrial setting with the potential of exposure to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals*
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.*
- Periodic weekend, holiday or evening work as needed
- Travel required
*EAD will provide training, administrative/engineering controls, and personal protective equipment as necessary.
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our customers and members.
EAD is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans