Our restaurant is always in search of people with a passion for food and the people who consume it. From the hostesses who greet you and the chefs in the kitchen, to our management teams and executive leadership, each member of our team is responsible for serving up that “Marcus Magic” know to all.
So, if you’re looking for a career with endless possibilities – and have a passion for pleasing people – we’re looking for you!
Ensuring that all guests' needs are consistently met or exceeded by maintaining all aspects of all outlets including, cleanliness, and food and beverage quality and meeting hotel service standards. Providing a reputation of prestigious service resulting in high satisfaction ratings and increasing new and returning guests.
Establish objectives by professional leadership and administration, effective and fair personnel development, and maintaining the highest standards in the restaurant resulting in increasing teamwork and morale. Reducing absenteeism and lowering employee turnover rates.
Maintaining budgetary guidelines by improving sales through service, up-selling, increasing return guests, keeping accurate records and inventories, and proper cash handling techniques that will minimize losses and shortages resulting in decreasing costs and increasing profitability.
1. Interview, select, train, supervise, counsel and discipline outlets staff for the efficient operation of the outlet.
2. Organize and conduct pre-shift and monthly departmental meetings communicating pertinent information to the staff, such as house count and menu changes. Schedule and direct staff in their work assignment.
3. Interact positively with customers promoting hotel facilities and services. Resolve problems to the satisfaction of involved parties.
4. Organization of special events and/or promotions in outlets to generate revenue.
5. Move throughout facility and kitchen areas to visually monitor and take action to ensure food quality and service standards are met. Verify temperature, judge appearance and taste of products and check preparation methods to determine quality. Give guidance toward improvement and make necessary adjustments for consistency.
6. Maintain profitability of outlet to support hotel operations. Control payroll and equipment costs. Ensure par stock levels are maintained by calculating inventory, ordering and retrieving supplies.
7. Oversee counseling of associates ensuring fairness and a timely delivery to include verbal communications, preparation of written documentation for administration with associate(s) along and issuance of performance appraisals.
8. Utilize POS system to accurately charge customers, track revenue reports and ensure timeliness of food and beverage. Input and retrieve data and change computer procedures using complex series of keypunches to program system.
9. Implementing and maintaining hotel housekeeping, sanitation and cleanliness standards in all food and beverage outlets (Society 1854, Starbucks, Greatroom, In-Room Dining).
10. Maintain house bank.
11. Maintain relationship with other departments in hotel and with vendors.
12. Track tip distribution.
13. Administering sales promotion programs and employee sales incentive programs.
14. Knowing the competition and keeping current with industry trends
15. Directing and coordinating the activities of all assigned personnel and departmental responsibilities in the restaurant.
16. Ensuring the highest quality of food and beverage, and service related to the operation.
17. Staffing of food and beverage outlets including Society 1854, In-Room Dining, Starbucks and Greatroom, meeting departmental responsibilities.
18. Maintaining an appropriate level of community public affairs involvement.
19. Oversee all training within department.
20. Oversees development of staff for succession planning.
21. Create year-over-year improvement in associate satisfaction scores throughout the department.
22. Ensure appropriate standards of conduct, dress, hygiene, and appearance are maintained.
23. Ensure regular departmental meetings are being held.
24. Controls and analyzes, on an on-going basis, departmental cost to ensure performance against budget.
25. Perform all other related duties and special projects as requested and/or assigned.
1. High School Diploma required, advanced degree in hospitality related field preferred.
2. Position requires at least 2 years prior Food & Beverage supervisory experience, prior management experience preferred.
3. Strong knowledge of Food & Beverage operations, preparation techniques, beverage operations and wines.
4. Mathematical abilities in order to determine and track inventory, controls, revenue productions, and other hotel financial statement.
5. Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint helpful, Outlook and touch screen POS systems.
6. Ability to respond quickly and accurately to guest requests.
7. Ability to handle multiple tasks quickly and efficiently.
8. Ability to recite and promote a variety of menu items.
9. Dependable and reliable to meet the demands of a 24-hour operation with flexibility to work a varied schedule to include days, evenings, weekends, holidays and the ability to work under pressure.
10. Attention to detail.
11. Ability to effectively handle guest and employee concerns in a friendly and positive manner. This involves listening to the nature of concern, demonstrating empathy with the customer and providing positive and proactive solutions.
12. Excellent interpersonal, listening and communication skills to include the ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English Language to understand menus, special promotions, record orders, and communicate with guests to explain orders
13. Ability to stand and move throughout continuously to perform essential job functions.
14. Ability to operate a keyboard and understand Point of Sale procedures to pre-check order and close out checks.
15. Cash handling experience required.
16. Ability to inform and direct guests to events throughout the hotel.
17. Ability to obtain and maintain an active Responsible Beverage Service certification, ServSafe Training Certification as well as any additional training / certification requirements per Marcus Hotels & Resorts and Marriott.
18. Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
19. Must be able to represent the company in a professional, well-groomed and courteous manner.
20. Ability to develop subordinates to enhance advancement in the hotel and corporation.
Apply at www.CapitolDistrictHotel.com/apply
|Date Posted||September 23, 2019|
|Date Closes||November 13, 2019|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|
|Job Type||Full-time Employee|
|Compensation||Hourly Wage, Varies|
|Hours||30+ hours per week|
|SOC Category||11-9051.00 First-Line Supervisors / Managers of Food Preparation and Serving Workers|
|Address||222 N 10th Street|
|City, State and Zip||Omaha, NE 68102|
This job offers the following benefits
This job requires the following skills
This job is related other jobs in these career categories