Housekeeping Supervisor (2nd Shift)
Omaha Marriott Downtown at the Capitol District Omaha, NE
PEOPLE PLEASING PEOPLE
Marcus Hotels & Resorts is the perfect place to start your career in hospitality! Join our growing teams and get involved with likeminded people with a passion for excellence.
Members of our team work all aspects of guest service, from front desk to banquet set up, culinary staff to housekeepers and everything in between. Get a glimpse behind the scenes of some of the city’s biggest events as they unfold at our location, and be a part of that Marcus Magic our guests have come to know and love. With endless opportunities you’ll find here, and encouraging management teams at all levels, you can unlock your potential and achieve your career goals.
Assist with the overall operation and supervision of the Housekeeping department overseeing guest room attendants, public area attendants and house persons to ensure cleanliness standards and overall guest service satisfaction and safety are created.
- Ensure that all standards of cleanliness and maintenance are consistently met throughout the department by all associates.
- Provide Supervision of assigned Housekeeping associates and areas to ensure job duties are completed.
- Assist with the daily operation of the Housekeeping department and act as manager on duty for the department as applicable.
- Assist in counseling of associates to include verbal communications, preparation of written documentation for management administration with associate(s) along with assistance of performance appraisal preparation.
- Administer discipline as needed at a supervisory level and ensure disciplinary procedures are followed.
- Follow all Marcus Hotels and Resorts policies and procedures, OSHA standards and procedures, Marriott Standards, and key control procedures.
- Must be able to represent the company in a professional, well-groomed and courteous manner.
- Provide training to all Housekeeping staff as applicable.
- Assist with all administrative responsibilities and completes written reports.
- Inspect and grade work performance of associates to ensure standards are being met.
- Assist with Lost and Found, including packing and mailing of packages.
- Participate in the promotion of safety and security in assigned areas.
- Perform manual duties of subordinates as necessary to cover temporary staff shortages.
- Ensure furniture, facilities, and equipment are maintained and in good repair.
- Promote excellent guest/associate rapport by reacting promptly, efficiently and courteously to all guest and associate requests/issues.
- Ensure appropriate standards of conduct, hygiene, uniforms and appearance are maintained.
- Represent the hotel with professionalism and decorum.
- Make recommendations to his/her supervisor regarding improved methods and procedures so as to have a positive impact on guest/associate satisfaction.
- Attend all scheduled mandatory Housekeeping Department meetings, trainings and hotel meetings.
- Perform all other related duties and special projects as requested and/or assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required college education in related field preferred.
- At least 1 year of prior supervisor experience required, previous housekeeping supervisory experience preferred.
- Physical stamina to complete repetitive manual labor tasks.
- Must be willing and able to smile.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and or carry up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to stand, walk, bend, kneel, lift, grasp, stretch, and use a vacuum and push a cart on a regular and extended basis.
- Ability to prioritize and organize workload to ensure deadlines are met.
- Ability to exercise judgment and implement control over the performance of others.
- Ability to provide clear direction, instruction, and guidance to subordinates in the English language.
- Ability to communicate effectively to associates in a secondary language, bi-Lingual preferred.
- Must be able to work a varied schedule to include days, evenings, weekends, holidays and the ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to understand reports and relays correspondence.
- Accurately performs all essential job functions.
Apply now at www.downtownomahamarriott.com/apply
We are looking forward to getting to know you better!
EOE / M / F/ D / V
| Date Posted
October 8, 2018
| Date Closes
November 7, 2018
| Located In
| Job Type
Hourly Wage, Varies
30+ hours per week
| Start Date
| SOC Category
39-1021.00 First-Line Supervisors / Managers of Personal Service Workers
This job offers the following benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Stock Options / Purchase Plan
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Domestic Partner Benefits (Same-Sex)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Short-Term Disability
- Supplemental Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Bereavement Pay
- Cafeteria / Food
- Discounts on Employer Merchandise & Services
- Holiday Party
- On-the-Job Training
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Unpaid Leaves of Absence
- Achievement Awards
- Merit Increases
This job requires the following skills
- Ability to Work Under Pressure
- Computer Usage
- Excellent Team Member
- Positive Attitude
- Problem Resolution
- Strong Time Management
- Strong Work Ethic
This job is related other jobs in these career categories