As a nationally recognized Cloud Service Provider, FNTS has a proven history guiding our customers through their cloud journey. FNTS has a passion for all things multi-cloud and provides flexible cloud solutions, with a continued focus on orchestrating agility, transparency and IT optimization for our customers, all while keeping cost containment top-of-mind. With an elevated security posture consisting of layered security solutions, FNTS specializes in partnering with customers in highly regulated and compliance-driven industries.
Our culture and our employees are the heart of our story - and we're committed to their success! Please see below the details of this career opportunity and how it fits into our organization's success.
Our Modern, Flexible Workplace:
We believe in a Modern, Flexible Workplace, and we are continuously exploring advancements in technology and office environments to make it easier to work from anywhere at any time, allowing for more flexibility in where and how you work. We know that choice and flexibility are important to you. We also recognize that flexible and remote positions can become opportunities for military partners, caregivers, and individuals with disabilities to thrive at our company. We invite you to consider what a Modern, Flexible Workplace can mean for you!
It is anticipated that an incumbent in this role will work remotely for three (3) or more days a week and will share a hoteling workspace when working onsite. Work location is subject to change based on business needs.
The Mainframe Hardware Engineer is a member of a team responsible for Configuring & Supporting the below Mainframe equipment to IBM best practices. The ability to configure this equipment at their hardware levels as well as in HCD / IODF is a requirement. This team is also responsible to setting up any Monitoring/Alerting for this equipment as well as documentation & training. This position requires configuration changes using Service Now to take place during our Change Windows. Occasional night shift work for these changes is required. 24x7 on call support on a rotating basis is required.
About This Role:
- Global/Metro Mirror environment
- z/OS IODF SME for Multiple Channel Subsystems
- zSeries LPARs + Channel Paths, DASD, TAPE, OSA, Coupling Facilities, Consoles
- zSeries HMA (HMC & Support Element) Configuration --
User Access, BCPii, OSA ICC, Sysplex Timer, NPIV, Reset/Image Profiles, IOCDS,
LPAR Image IDs, CPs, Storage, Security & Crypto Configurations
- zSeries Connectivity --
FICON & Fiber Channels, NPIVs, OSA, STP Timer, Coupling Facilities,
FICON Switches, Replication Switches & Network Connections
- Brocade FICON switch & Replication Switch Management via IBM SANnav & Putty
- DS8000 LCU, CKD Volume, PPRCs, PAV management using both GUI & DSCLI
- SKLM Encryption Servers - Management & Connectivity to our IBM Storage Array
- Virtual Tape technologies
- DellEMC DLm/Data Domain
- Luminex cgx
- IBM TS7700
- Mainframe Connectivity + Documentation
- Define, maintain & continue to enhance Disaster Recovery procedure
The Ideal Candidate for This Role:
- Design and maintain DFSMS policies & constructs
- Proactively monitor DFSMS Storage Pool utilization & adjust as required
- Monitoring & Administration of DFHSM
- DFSMShsm CDS recovery/maintenance/reorgs
- Flash Copy support for Maintenance, and INFO (Copy Services Manager)
- IBM Advanced Catalog Management - Catalog Maintenance/Recovery/Backups
- IBM DFSMSrmm catalog maintenance
- Maintain scratch pools & review/validate tape retention criteria
Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion:
FNTS is committed to belonging, inclusion, diversity and equity. We are committed to intentionally and proactively creating pathways to success for historically underrepresented populations. To accomplish this, we foster a culture of belonging and inclusion so that every employee is valued, and has opportunity and the ability to make an impact. We strive to reflect the diversity of the communities we serve in the makeup of our workforce.
See the full FNTS Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion Statement here
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' Self-Print Poster
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' Supplement for Federal Contractors
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' GINA Supplement