As a nationally recognized trusted advisor in managed IT services for the past 25 years, FNTS has a proven history supporting mainframe environments, along with a wide range of operating systems including: Windows, Linux, AIX and iSeries. FNTS also has a passion for all things multi-cloud and provides flexible cloud solutions, with a continued focus on orchestrating agility, transparency and IT optimization for our customers, all while keeping cost containment top-of-mind. With an elevated security posture consisting of layered security solutions, FNTS specializes in partnering with customers in highly regulated and compliance-driven industries.
FNTS operates one of the most secure, technically advanced data centers in the United States, where the full scope of its operations is based. Headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, FNTS is a subsidiary of First National of Nebraska (FNNI). FNNI and its affiliates have $23 billion in assets and nearly 5,000 employee associates.
Our employees are the heart of our story - and we're committed to their success! Please see below the details of this career opportunity and how it fits into our organization's success.With over 20 years in the IT services industry, First National Technology Solutions (FNTS) is a leading provider of managed and cloud services. We operate and provide services out of multiple state-of-the-art data centers as well as the public cloud. FNTS is a nationally recognized leader in managed IT services with a classic mid-west culture. FNTS employs an expert team who place high value on work ethics and personalized customer service. FNTS is a subsidiary of First National of Nebraska Inc. (FNNI), a $20 billion multi-state holding company headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, with a strong heritage of banking excellence that dates back more than 150 years.
The primary purpose of this position is to ensure the stable operation of our network infrastructure, including connections to our customer and the public cloud. This includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all network hardware, software, and connections. This position will own solutions and solve problems in ways that facilitate an improved customer experience.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Install, configure and manage hardware and software resources necessary to maintain internal networked systems, as well connectivity to our external customers
- Assist in troubleshooting, diagnosing and remediating advanced networking issues
- Design, engineer and implement large scale datacenter networks across multiple geographic locations
- Develop associated technical solution documentation and diagrams
- Research, develop & deploy numerous technologies and network topologies in order to evolve and scale our networks
- Participate in capacity/scalability planning
- Build out solutions for large-scale monitoring, notifications, log aggregation, load distribution, etc.
- Provide project coordination duties for assigned internal projects
- Leverage automation to simplify and advance network service offerings
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, information systems or other technology-related field or equivalent number of years of experience.
- CCNP and/or CCIE level certification
- Proven, expert-level knowledge of network configuration, network/web application scaling, automation and performance monitoring
- Working knowledge of Cisco, Palo Alto, F5, NSX
- Strong knowledge of routing and switching protocols and features (OSPF, BGP, IS-IS, etc.)
- Working knowledge of the AWS and Azure cloud solutions and how to connect to them
- Experience in content or service provider environments a plus
Other Position Requirements
- Excellent troubleshooting instincts
- Previous experience in Managed Services or Cloud Services
- Proven experience assisting peers in developing higher level skillsets
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to approach challenges with a passion and leverage any and all opportunities to learn
- Quick learner who is passionate with staying up-to-date in their field
- Desire to thrive in a team environment where collaboration and innovation are critical to success
- Ability to effectively work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to encourage and facilitate collaboration and knowledge transfer
- Demonstrated proficiency in structured problem-solving methods
*At this time we are unable to sponsor candidates.
*This position is full-time in Omaha, Nebraska.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' Self-Print Poster
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' Supplement for Federal Contractors
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' GINA Supplement
First National Technology Solutions