At First National, our employees are the heart of our story and we re committed to their success! Please see below the details of this career opportunity and how it fits into our organization s success.
Monday through Friday, 10 AM to 7 PM
The Specialist of First National Information Technology (FNIT) Service Desk is responsible for technology support for business partners and internal customers. Under guided direction the Specialist responds to Level 1 IT-related inquiries, and provides primary support for end-user compute technical issues reported through phone calls or self-service functions. The Specialist performs in an operational support capacity to the service desk. The Specialist will promote teamwork through knowledge sharing; identify trends; take action or escalate to appropriate support team for impact related events following defined processes and procedures. The Specialist will work with moderate guidance within established guidelines, and assist with small projects, as assigned.
The Specialist reports to the Senior Manager, Operations/FNIT Infrastructure.
- Provide high quality/level technical support for the First National Nebraska (FNN) Enterprise to ensure quick and efficient solutions for reported incidents, limiting downtime and overall customer/employee impact.
- Problems are varied and range from simple to complex.
- Collaborate across multiple teams in full support of FNIT organization.
- Create the initial incident or task record of the reported queries and respond to self-service created records using our enterprise tracking system.
- Complete routine end-user requests such as software installs, password resets, email administration, issuing specialized ad accounts, CD burns and other requests.
- Diagnose issues and/or troubleshoot to reach a resolution relating to the end-user compute environment including pc/laptops, thin clients, mobile devices, printers and scanning devices, as well as enterprise level applications.
- Take action following defined service desk policies, processes, and procedures. Deliver resolution of real-time problems/incidents through deep attention to established process and well documented procedures. Issues requiring escalation are to be properly and thoroughly documented and redirected to the correct resource for further troubleshooting and resolution.
- Acknowledge and take ownership on all issues and tasks assigned to the service desk. Work directly with other support groups as needed to ensure issues are actively worked and a complete and detailed resolution is updated in the ticket tracking system before closure.
- Grow general knowledge of current service desk processes, procedures, products and services to strive to obtain an 80/20 or higher first contact resolution rate.
- Engage in appropriate professional development and training programs to ensure knowledge, skills, and abilities for the position are current.
- Support a high quality, comprehensive, integrated, highly reliable and efficient service desk environment for the FNN enterprise. Continually look for opportunities for automation and process improvement.
- Ensure timely resolution or escalation of issues, communicating promptly on progress and handling all contacts with a professional attitude.
- Communicate resolutions to the end-user and assist in self-resolution techniques (such as documentation) for future use.
- Understand our business partners and customer s needs, look for added value we can provide and adjust to meet requirements.
- Interact with IT support personnel, as well as various business units throughout the company.
- Define, document and communicates ways to improve efficiency (self-service opportunities, processes inside and outside the team, ways to improve technology support, etc.).
- Bachelor s degree and/or equivalent work experience.
- Two or more years of experience in a complex enterprise Information Technology environment.
- Knowledge of and experience in acting in a service desk or customer service role in an IT operations environment.
- Knowledge of and experience with supporting Windows 7, Windows 10, virtual desktop environments and installing and troubleshooting Microsoft Windows applications.
- Demonstrated success with influencing others, working with others to solve problems, and following organization policies and procedures.
Desired Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
- Commitment to exemplary service delivery, collaborative and cooperative approach to work
- Strong organizational, analytic and problem solving skills
- Very high degree of initiative, strong work-ethic, creativity, motivation and accountability
- Effective speaking, listening, writing and interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact in productive meetings, exercise sound judgment in complex situations and work successfully in a team-oriented environment
- Very passionate and driven to succeed
- Supportive & Respectful, Innovative & Flexible, Honest & Open, Knowledgeable & Consultative
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' Self-Print Poster
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' Supplement for Federal Contractors
Click here to download 'EEO is The Law' GINA Supplement