Omaha National is searching for a Certified Professional Coder to join our team. This position will focus on ensuring medical providers are reimbursed at the appropriate rate for medical services provided to injured workers insured under our program. The Medical Bill Review Analyst will utilize medical coding skills to review inpatient and outpatient medical bills to establish payment reimbursements.
The ideal candidate is an experienced Certified Professional Coder with the aptitude to learn workers’ compensation rules and fee schedules. Prior workers’ compensation experience is not necessary – we will provide the training!
· Use comprehensive medical bill coding skills to ensure recommendations reflect best practices for workers’ compensation medical bill reimbursement.
· Produce accurate, error free work.
· Maintain compliance with regulatory deadlines.
· Ability to learn workers’ compensation regulations while interpreting complex legal and medical documents.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate to a wide audience on medical topics.
· Understanding of various medical areas including, anatomy, physiology, pharmacology, physician specialty, and the medical industry in general.
· Coding certification from an accredited organization (i.e., AAPC, AHIMA) required.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office programs and a demonstrated ability to master other software applications as needed.
Omaha National is a workers’ compensation insurance and payroll services company serving employers throughout the United States.
Omaha National is an unconventional company where leadership is inspirational, hiring is highly selective, training is exceptionally effective, performance standards are uncompromising, and employees at every level are justifiably proud of the work they do and the results they achieve every day.
Omaha National Group