We’re looking for an exceptional individual who has the aptitude to be a great manager. Previous experience in workers compensation insurance is NOT required. Previous success as a supervisor in any business setting is a plus. At Omaha National we hire for brains, character, and aptitude and provide the technical training that is needed.
This is a rare opportunity to join a new, very successful, rapidly-growing company. We are building a unique, positive workplace culture in which talented people can come to work every day with smiling faces, enjoy the company of co-workers they like and respect, produce superb work, and go home feeling proud of themselves and the company they work for. Toxic behavior is not tolerated. Everyone in a managerial position will play an important role in establishing and sustaining this culture.
The individual who fills this position will develop and lead a team of specialists providing administrative support to our underwriting department. The underwriting specialist team is responsible for entering, screening, and routing submissions for insurance coverage in our system, and performing other administrative tasks.
• Create and maintain a team dynamic that combines a warm and supportive atmosphere with exceptionally high expectations for quality of work
• Play a key role in process and system improvement to continually improve quality and efficiency
• Train, lead, and motivate team members to effectively accomplish their work
• Manage workflow to ensure accuracy, timeliness, and compliance with state laws
• Review employee performance, providing ongoing feedback and guidance
• Foster positive working relationships with other departments, ensuring open communication among the underwriting specialist team and other teams
• Demonstrate increased knowledge of workers compensation and underwriting principles
• The innate instincts and character of a strong, smart, positive leader
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with a broad audience of varying backgrounds
• Aptitude to rapidly learn complex underwriting and business process principles
• Prior supervisory experience is preferred
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, with aptitude to learn other software programs