Omaha National Group Omaha, NE
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a new IT operation in a highly successful, rapidly growing, financially strong, young company. As a founding member of the IT team, this individual will perform a variety of duties including participating in the creation of a proprietary, sophisticated, enterprise application performing complex technical and business functions.
This role will interact with a wide variety of systems and applications. As a result, you must have a high desire to learn new technologies, possess excellent problem-solving skills, and have an interest in performing varied work rather than working with a single focus. The right candidate will embrace and support our culture that combines high standards for performance and behavior with an inspirational, honest, and friendly environment.
- Develop new, custom software to replace legacy systems.
- Gather requirements, design, and implement integration solutions between legacy software components between Omaha National core systems.
- Troubleshoot application and integration system issues.
- If you have fewer than two years of experience in web based development, you have to be very, very smart. If you have more than two years of experience, and you’re really good at what you do, we will pay you what you’re worth.
- Experience in an Object Oriented language such as Java or C#.
- Experience with code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Experience with unit testing frameworks, such as JUnit.
- Understanding of database concepts.
- It is not expected that the candidate will have knowledge or expereince in all specified duties. The right candidate will have:
- High desire to learn new technologies.
- Excellent problems solving skills.
- The ability to work independently.
- Enthusiasm for varied work.
- BS or equivalent learning experience.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- SQL database development
- Gradle or Maven
- Web services development
- Cloud based development environments such as Azure, AWS, Heroku, etc.
- Salesforce development
- Salesforce administration
| Date Posted
October 11, 2019
| Date Closes
November 10, 2019
| Located In
| Job Type
| Experience Level
Intermediate (3-7 yrs. experience)
40 hours per week
| SOC Category
15-1021.00 Computer Programmers
This job offers the following benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Domestic Partner Benefits (Same-Sex)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Maternity / Paternity / Family Leave
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Short-Term Disability
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Flexible Hours
- Free Parking
- Paid Holidays
- Sick Leave
This job requires the following skills
- Object Oriented Programming
This job is related other jobs in these career categories
Course(s) relevant to the skills listed for this position