Senior Application Developer
Omaha National Group Omaha, NE
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a new IT operation in a highly successful, rapidly growing, financially strong, young company. As a founding member of the IT team, this individual will work hand-in-hand with the Senior Application Architect in a greenfield environment to create a proprietary, sophisticated enterprise application.
Insurance software is inherently complex, so the right candidate must have the ability to come up with creative and flexible solutions to address those challenges. The right candidate will embrace and support our culture that combines high standards for performance and behavior with an inspirational, honest, and friendly environment.
- Develop new, Java-based custom software to replace legacy systems.
- Build reusable components/libraries for enterprise use.
- Build REST services for the UI layer to consume.
- Integrate with internal databases and external APIs including Box and Salesforce.
- Develop and maintain front-end code when necessary.
- Utilize unit and integration testing.
- Follow software development best practices established by the team.
- Serve as a mentor for junior developers.
- Troubleshoot application and integration system issues.
- At least seven years of industry experience and five years of Java experience is preferred, but not required for candidates who possess an exceptional skillset.
- Extensive background with relational databases (table design, querying, optimizing).
- Experience with code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Experience with unit testing frameworks, such as JUnit.
- Experience implementing systems with complex business logic.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- BS or equivalent work experience.
Preferred Experience & Skills
- Gradle or Maven
- Web services development
- Cloud based development environments such as Azure, AWS, Heroku, etc.
- Salesforce integration
| Date Posted
October 10, 2019
| Date Closes
November 9, 2019
| Located In
| Job Type
| Experience Level
Experienced (7-15 yrs. experience)
40 hours per week
| SOC Category
15-1031.00 Computer Software Engineers, Applications
This job offers the following benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Domestic Partner Benefits (Same-Sex)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Maternity / Paternity / Family Leave
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Short-Term Disability
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Flexible Hours
- Free Parking
- Paid Holidays
- Sick Leave
This job requires the following skills
- Object Oriented Programming
This job is related other jobs in these career categories
Course(s) relevant to the skills listed for this position