This is an exceptional career opportunity to join a new IT operation in a highly successful, rapidly growing, financially strong, young company. As a senior founding member of the IT team, this individual will play a leading role in the creation of a proprietary, sophisticated, enterprise application performing complex technical and business functions.
The Senior Front End Developer will lead the development of clean, functional user interfaces for new, internally-facing business-critical enterprise applications. Omaha National places an exceptionally high value on consistent, efficient, intuitive user interface design for its internal users. This individual must have the experience and expertise to lead the front end development of our most critical software applications.
The right candidate will embrace and support our culture that combines high standards for performance and behavior with an inspirational, honest, and friendly environment.
- Work with internal stakeholders, including working directly with the highest level executives in the company, to identify, design, and implement web interfaces for new applications.
- Use wireframes to propose layouts and techniques that will provide the most efficient user experience possible.
- Work with server-side developers to define REST service interactions.
- Follow software development best practices established by the team.
- Evaluate, select, and utilize cutting-edge web libraries and tools.
- Work with personnel to implement enhancements to applications.
- Compensation commensurate with experience.
- Proficient in all things HTML.
- Experience integrating with REST services.
- Experience with code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Well-versed in troubleshooting issues in the browser with Chrome Developer Tools or something similar.
- Understanding of database concepts.
- Excellent inter-personal skills, including the ability to interact with non-technical users to resolve issues, gather requirements, and test solutions.
- BS or equivalent learning experience.
BENEFICIAL EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- SASS, LESS, or SCSS
- Build tools such as webpack, grunt, and gulp
- Web services development