Payroll Tax Specialist
Omaha National Group Omaha, NE
Omaha National is seeking a Payroll Tax Specialist to join our growing team. This position will provide payroll processing and tax reporting services for our customers across the nation, positively contributing to client retention by providing best-in-industry customer service. The ideal candidate is a meticulous individual with in-depth experience in payroll administration combined with strong payroll tax expertise.
- Provide payroll services to a large number of customers in multiple states.
- Maintain the highest level of expert knowledge of federal, state and local statutes, regulations, and best practices relating to payroll taxes.
- Responsible for accurately and timely depositing and filing federal, state and local tax liabilities
- Review and monitor payroll records to confirm tax transactions are recorded accurately and are compliant with all applicable laws.
- Audit new clients to confirm taxes and other items have been setup correctly.
- Prepare and organize payroll and tax packages to ensure on time delivery.
- Generate, audit, and correct W-2’s as required.
- Quickly analyze, identify and resolve payroll and tax-related problems or questions for clients.
- Alert appropriate internal departments of information relevant to payroll administration.
- Positively contribute to client retention by providing exceptionally positive, clear, and effective customer service communication via phone, email, and/or fax.
- 2-3 years of experience processing payroll or reconciling payroll taxes.
- Possess the aptitude to process payroll in multiple jurisdictions, and to learn federal, state, and local statutes, regulations, and best practices related to payroll processing.
- Ability to work at a moderate to high pace while processing confidential and sensitive information with a high level of accuracy.
- Work well independently and within a team environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs and a demonstrated ability to master other software applications as needed.
- Preferred Experience: Experience with Workforce Ready (Kronos) or MasterTax software
Omaha National provides a fun, positive work environment, competitive pay, good benefits, 401(k) and paid vacation and sick leave
| Date Posted
August 16, 2019
| Date Closes
September 15, 2019
| Located In
| Job Type
| Experience Level
Intermediate (3-7 yrs. experience)
40 Hrs Per Week hours per week
| SOC Category
43-3051.00 Payroll and Timekeeping Clerks
This job offers the following benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Domestic Partner Benefits (Same-Sex)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Maternity / Paternity / Family Leave
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Short-Term Disability
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Flexible Hours
- Free Parking
- Paid Holidays
- Sick Leave
This job is related other jobs in these career categories