Omaha National Group Omaha, NE
Omaha National is seeking an Investigations Analyst to join our growing team. The right candidate is insightful and internet savvy, with the ability to research and locate information not immediately obvious to the general public. Prior workers' compensation experience is not required; we will provide the right candidate the training needed to engage in a rewarding career.
Utilizing popular search engines, social media, phone calls, and other investigative means, the Investigations Analyst gathers and delivers facts in a concise and objective manner to assist key personnel with identifying and preventing potentially fraudulent behavior by injured workers, medical providers, and insured employers. We are looking for an inquisitive, resourceful, and detail-oriented individual who is proficient in utilizing internet-based and other investigative resources to locate a wide variety of information.
- Assist in the development of a new investigation program.
- Verify details regarding the businesses we insure to identify discrepancies that may be indicators of premium fraud.
- Use social media and other internet databases, as well as specific websites and applications, to uncover activities of injured workers that are inconsistent with their reported disability status.
- Verify medical provider credentialing, lawsuit and malpractice history, and identify other indicators of inappropriate and potentially fraudulent behaviors by physicians and other medical providers.
- Clearly and succinctly communicate investigation findings with key internal employees in the areas of Premium Audit,
- Underwriting, Claims Adjusting, and Medical Management in a factual and unbiased manner.
- Assist with other investigations projects as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree a plus but not required.
- Demonstrate the ability to verify data, spot trends, and identify inconsistencies.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail are a necessity to success in this position.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Possess the aptitude to learn workers’ compensation regulations while interpreting complex legal and medical documents.
- Prior workers' compensation experience is not necessary; we will provide the training.
- Exhibit focus and motivation while engaging in repetitive work.
- Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, as well as exceptional proficiency in internet and social media use.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of internet technology developments and the newest search resources and methods.
Omaha National provides a fun, positive work environment, competitive pay, excellent benefits, 401(k), and paid vacation and sick leave.
| Date Posted
October 12, 2018
| Date Closes
November 11, 2018
11128 John Galt Blvd
| Located In
| Job Type
| Experience Level
Entry Level (0-2 yrs. experience)
40 Hrs Per Week hours per week
| SOC Category
13-2099.04 Fraud Examiners, Investigators and Analysts
This job offers the following benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Domestic Partner Benefits (Same-Sex)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Maternity / Paternity / Family Leave
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Short-Term Disability
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Flexible Hours
- Free Parking
- Paid Holidays
- Sick Leave
This job is related other jobs in these career categories