Medical Office Receptionist At Metro OB GYN, we specialize in taking care of people: our patients and our employees.
Metro OB GYN is currently looking for a Medical Office Receptionist to work at our Omaha, NE and Council Bluffs, IA clinics.
Job Summary: The Medical Office Receptionist is an essential part of a high functioning healthcare team that works in the clinic and is responsible for making and scheduling patient appointments. The Medical Office Receptionist provides friendly and professional customer service to patients, and obtains and verifies patient demographics and insurance information.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Follows opening and closing procedures according to office guidelines
- Serve as primary point of contact for patientsGreets patients in polite, prompt, helpful manner and provides any necessary instructions/directionsInforms nursing staff of patient arrivals.
- Translate for nursing staff as necessary.
- Obtains and enters new patient demographics; updates/verifies insurance and patient information
- Reviews all forms for accuracy and completion according to office policies prior to acceptingCollects co-pays and balances
- Schedules return appointments at check outMaintains clean and orderly waiting area including reading material
- Schedule and reschedule appointments and make confirmation callsWorks in conjunction with nurses to accommodate scheduling requests
- Maintains and updates current information on physician schedules ensuring that patients are scheduled
- Floats to other clinics or satellite clinic to assist as neededResponsible for maintaining the confidentiality of all patient health information data
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required
- Minimum of one-year work experience in a medical office setting
- Work experience with electronic medical records preferredMicrosoft word and computer experience
- Medical terminology helpful
- Must be organized and detail-orientedHigh school graduate or GEDOvertime will be occasionally required.
- The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to satisfactorily perform these essential functions without causing an undue hardship for the employer.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to transverse about the clinic constantly and may, on occasion, remain stationary for long periods of time.
- The employee must regularly communicate with others and is frequently required to operate a computer and other standard medical office equipment.
- The employee is often required to move up to 10 pounds and is occasionally required to move between 20 and 30 pounds.
- Full-timePay: $14.00 - $17.00 per hour
- Benefits:401(k)Dental insuranceHealth insurancePaid time offVision insurance
- Schedule:8 hour shiftMonday to FridayEducation:High school or equivalent
- (Preferred)Experience:Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)Computer Skills: 1 year (Preferred)
- Language:Spanish (Required)Work Location:Multiple locationsEMR Used:Not listed / OtherCompany's website:www.MetroOB.com
- Benefit Conditions:Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Work Remotely:No