At Ameritas, fulfilling life is what we do daily. We continuously strive to help our customers and employees enjoy life at its very best by reducing uncertainty, helping grow assets and protecting what is most cherished. We’re here to help people put worry behind and the future ahead and help enable a life that’s rich in family, happiness, health and financial security. When lives are fulfilled, our mission is fulfilled.
Ameritas Life Insurance Corp is seeking a Senior Network Engineer to drive the business by creating value by making sound choices about which technologies to use and how to integrate them in the enterprise. You'll have the opportunity to bring together hardware, software, and support to provide the right combination of cost, resiliency, and features for the solution. You'll also engage with the lines of business and other IT professionals to identify sources of value, agree on priorities, and measure not only the cost, but also the impact of infrastructure resulting in large-scale analytics, speed to market, customer experience, and associate productivity.
What you will get to do in this position:
• Respond to client incidents and requests using the corporate ticketing system.
• Leads cross-team troubleshooting tasks by organizing collaboration of senior team members and/or management.
• Direct enterprise hardware and software maintenance by organizing collaboration of senior team members and/or management.
• Audit system alerts to ensure proactive and timely resolution.
• Identify and escalates issues and requests with our technology partners and manufacturers.
• Audit and trends system logs for anomalies and guides best practices to mitigate risks.
• Lead creation, implementation, and audit the documentation of procedures and guidelines for internal team use.
• Manage hardware and software updates by organizing collaboration of senior team members and/or documentation.
• Lead and audit the tuning of system configurations for redundancy, performance, security, and data protection.
• Contribute to the documentation of procedures and guidelines for internal team use.
• Perform complex hardware and software updates through collaboration of senior team members and/or documentation.
• Contribute to the tuning of system configurations for redundancy, performance, security, and data protection.
• Respond to alerts and emergency calls during and outside of normal business hours.
• Act as a subject matter for one or more technologies or processes.
• Participate in architecture reviews and contribute to the technical direction of Ameritas.
• Contribute to the annual budget process by documenting technical justification for items aligning to the IT roadmap and general review of budget baselines.
• Work closely with the Audit and Security teams to address outstanding items and prioritize remediation tasks.
• Act as a technical project manager to coordinate complex and/or long duration initiatives.
• Assist in removing roadblocks and challenges for team members.
• Coach junior team members in their professional development.
• Contribute to the strategic direction of the team.
• Assist in managing vendor/partners through technology and review sessions.
• Consult with business partners to convert business requirements to technical solutions/ options
Our associates are our most valuable asset. Our benefits reflect Ameritas' commitment to our associates and their families.
We are Ameritas: proud to say we're in the business of fulfilling life. APPLY NOW - we'd like to know more about you!
|Date Posted||August 7, 2017|
|Date Closes||September 6, 2017|
|Address||5900 O Street|
|Located In||Lincoln, NE|
|Job Type||Full-time Employee|
|Experience Level||Intermediate (3-7 yrs. experience)|
|SOC Category||15-1032.00 Computer Systems Engineers / Architects|
|Address||5900 O Street|
|City, State and Zip||Lincoln, NE 68510|
This job offers the following benefits
This job requires the following skills
This job is related other jobs in these career categories