Are you a BCBA with strong Leadership Skills? Are you passionate about behavior modification and children achieving their goals? Do you want to make a difference? If you answered YES to these questions, then the Children's Residential/Education Behavior Coordinator position at LifeScape is the career for you!
LifeScape's residential and education settings offers a unique opportunity for you to make a difference in the lives of the children (ages 3-21) we serve and their families in a fun, child-centered, inpatient clinic environment. You will be part of LifeScape, a regional leader in pediatric therapy and services for children and adults with disabilities.
Our organizational culture, called The LifeScape Way, is based on our mission of empowering people to live their best life. You would support LifeScape’s vision to be an innovative organization, providing exceptional services and creative solutions for people with varied needs and complex care across their life span by demonstrating our values of integrity, compassion, respect, safety & wellbeing, fiscal responsibility, excellence, and accountability.
This position is responsible for overseeing behavior therapists/specialists/analysts and registered behavior technicians (RBTs) at LifeScape. If selected for the Behavior Coordinator role, you will focus on guidance to areas at our Children's Services facility, which includes our education department and children's residential areas.
Some of the important responsibilities of this unique career include but are not limited to:
Provide clinical leadership and supervision for behavior therapy services in LifeScape Specialty School
• Collaborates with Therapy Coordinators, Case Management Coordinator, Nursing Coordinators, and Operations Coordinators
• Helps oversee and completes functional behavior assessments and functional analyses
• Assists with development, implementation, and monitoring of Behavior Intervention Plans and/or Behavior Support Plans, utilizing evidence-based treatments
• Assists in leading, developing and promoting the clinical profession of applied behavior analysis, behavior analytic theory and principles through research, continuing education, and training opportunities
• Provides training to LifeScape employees, outside agencies, and parents as needed
• Maintains expertise in current research/techniques affecting persons supported, and remains current on legal and ethical issues
• Participates in clinical on-call schedule within the ICF/Education Behavior Department
Supervise and coach behavior therapists/technicians and support staff
• Assists in measuring clinical competencies
• Responds to questions/issues that arise during daily operations
• Maintains clinical supervision for RBTs, BCaBAs & BCBAs within the residential school and ICF
* Did you know the LifeScape is a qualifying employer under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program?*
* If you become a LifeScape employee, you may be eligible for student loan forgiveness *
Note: Job Descriptions are not exhaustive lists of all skills, responsibilities, or efforts associated with a job. They reflect principle job elements essential for performing the job and evaluating performance. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
LifeScape is an Affirmative Action & Equal Opportunity Employer of females, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, or any other protected class.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) certification required, with prior experience working with individuals with developmental and physical disabilities and challenging behaviors preferred.