** Opportunities for Growth ** Competitive Wages ** Raises at the 6 month and year mark ** Great Benefits = Making a Difference **
If you love the rewards of teaching children in a classroom setting, are goal oriented, and are searching for a long-term career, we would love to have you as one of our respected team members! As a teaching assistant, you will utilize your empathic and passionate nature to teach the youth supported and work together with an incredible team to tend to the immediate medical/behavioral needs of our individuals. You will be challenged by the dynamic environment, where you will work as a pivotal member of the staff, to exceed company goals and foster teamwork. If you want to play an integral role in teaching and breaking down barriers, then come work for us!
• Provide personal hygiene for adults or children by assisting with their basic needs, such as showering, bathing, dressing and eating
• Assist teachers in preparing and maintaining educational materials and in classroom preparation
• Implement educational programming as directed by the classroom teacher
• Respond to maladaptive behaviors or medical needs according to treatment intervention plans
• Back up residential areas during school breaks and on weekends
• Report and document allegations/observations of abuse, neglect and exploitation according to established policies and procedures.
** Did you know that LifeScape is a qualifying employer under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program? ** If you become a LifeScape employee, you may be eligible for student loan forgiveness.
Note: Job Descriptions are not exhaustive lists of all skills, responsibilities, or efforts associated with a job. They reflect principle job elements essential for performing the job and evaluating performance. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
LifeScape is an Affirmative Action & Equal Opportunity Employer of females, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or GED equivalency is required. Must be 18 years of age or older. Valid driver’s license with clean driving record for some positions may be necessary. Some positions may require training/testing to drive accessible vehicles. Not all areas require a driver’s license.