Our exceptional care team in our medically complex rehabilitation center located in our children service's campus at LifeScape is looking for a social worker with excellent team work skills and has long term care or hospital/patient rehabilitation experience.
We are looking for an individual who is independent, outgoing and self motivated would be the perfect fit for this position!
This position is responsible to provide individualized services in the areas of family support, service coordination and advocacy within the Specialty Hospital of the Medical Services Department in accordance with the organization’s Mission and Core Values, utilizing Person-Centered Practices.
Provide individualized services in the areas of family support, service coordination and advocacy
- Assists in scheduling the on-site apartment, if available, for family stays, and assists families in identifying other areas to stay if needed
- Writes an admission and discharge assessment in the electronic record for all rehab patients
- Writes weekly rehab social work note in the electronic record
- Completes admission paperwork for all new admissions
- Attends all meetings for Specialty Hospital patients (i.e., Care Conferences, IEP’s, weekly rehab meetings, etc.)
- Assists family/guardian with guardianship
- Documents all contacts with family/guardian, and outside entities
- Assesses and responds to child and family needs for additional services
- Assesses services available in the home community for discharge
* Did you know the LifeScape is a qualifying employer under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program? *
* If you become a LifeScape employee, you may be eligible for student loan forgiveness. *
Note: Job Descriptions are not exhaustive lists of all skills, responsibilities, or efforts associated with a job. They reflect principle job elements essential for performing the job and evaluating performance. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
LifeScape is an Affirmative Action & Equal Opportunity Employer of females, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, or any other protected class.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work
- Current license in the State of South Dakota required
- Prior experience working in a hospital or long term care setting is preferred