Are you looking for a job that can develop into an amazing career, all while having an extremely flexible schedule? Come and check out the Substitute Teaching Position within LifeScape and start gaining your experience to grow in your career today!
This position is responsible to provide educational assistance to either the Special Education Teacher or Lead Teaching Assistant/designee (LTA) in day-to-day educational procedures when the assigned classroom Teacher or LTA is not able to report to work. The Substitute Teacher will implement the plans of the designated Teacher according to a classrooms schedule and the behavioral and academic needs of the students served in accordance with the organization’s Mission and Core Values, utilizing Person-Centered Practices.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
Provide expertise and direction, as well as problem-solving assistance, for classroom teaching assistant staff.
- Assumes all duties of the classroom Teacher and/or LTA
Follows instructions/plans left by the classroom Teacher
Ensures there are sufficient supplies in the classroom to carry out lesson plans
- Maintains normal classroom routines and discipline
- Spends the entire assignment working with and for the students
- Reports/communicates/collaborates regularly with classroom Teacher
- Completes other duties as assigned by the Assistant Principal
Serve as a member of the education team.
- Maintains and tracks daily educational/therapy related data
- Maintains and documents child specific behavioral supports
- Completes GERs (general event recordings)
- Responds to codes (i.e. behavioral, code Adam, etc.)
- Attends all relevant building-wide and educational meetings
Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in education or related field. Minimum of two years of experience working with persons with disabilities and/or challenging behaviors is preferred. Training in defensive driving preferred.
LifeScape is an Affirmative Action & Equal Opportunity Employer of females, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.