LifeScape Sioux Falls, SD
Are you looking for some additional hours or just wanting to gain some wonderful experience working in Special Education? Join this wonderful team and start a exciting career in a field that truly makes a differance.
This position is responsible to provide educational assistance to either the Special Education Teacher or Lead Teaching Assistant/designee (LTA) in day-to-day educational procedures when the assigned classroom Teacher or LTA is not able to report to work. The Substitute Teacher will implement the plans of the designated Teacher according to a classrooms schedule and the behavioral and academic needs of the students served in accordance with the organization’s Mission and Core Values, utilizing Person-Centered Practices.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
Provide expertise and direction, as well as problem-solving assistance, for classroom teaching assistant staff.
- Assumes all duties of the classroom Teacher and/or LTA.
- Follows instructions/plans left by the classroom Teacher.
- Ensures there are sufficient supplies in the classroom to carry out lesson plans.
- Maintains normal classroom routines and discipline.
- Spends the entire assignment working with and for the students.
- Reports/communicates/collaborates regularly with classroom Teacher.
- Completes other duties as assigned by the Assistant Principal.
Serve as a member of the education team.
- Maintains and tracks daily educational/therapy related data.
- Maintains and documents child specific behavioral supports.
- Completes GERs (general event recordings).
- Responds to codes (i.e. behavioral, code Adam, etc.).
- Attends all relevant building-wide and educational meetings.
Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in education or related field. Minimum of two years of experience working with persons with disabilities and/or challenging behaviors is preferred. Training in defensive driving preferred.
| Date Posted
July 23, 2020
| Date Closes
October 31, 2020
| Located In
Sioux Falls, SD
| Job Type
40 hours per week
| SOC Category
25-2043.00 Special Education Teachers, Secondary School
This job offers the following benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Short-Term Disability
- Cafeteria / Food
- Employee Referral Program
- Financial Planning
- Free Parking
- On-the-Job Training
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Sick Leave
- Wellness Program
This job requires the following skills
- Special Education
- SpEd - Early Childhood Specialist
- SpEd - Severe / Multiple Disabilities Specialist
This job is related to other jobs in these career categories