Occupational Therapist Unscheduled Part Time-SF, SC, RC
LifeScape Sioux Falls, SD
This position is responsible for developing, coordinating and implementing individual therapy programs for clients with special needs within the therapy area of the Medical Services Department in accordance with the organization’s Mission and Core Values, utilizing Person-Centered Practices.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
Develop, coordinate and implement individual therapy programs.
- Participates in a comprehensive treatment and/or educational team.
- Evaluates client needs, including (but not limited to) sensory development, fine motor skills, muscle tone, range of motion, muscle strength, splinting, visual skills, visual-perceptual skills and activities of daily living. Evaluates in special programs as appropriate (i.e. seating/positioning, power mobility, UE casting, and assistive technology).
- Monitors conditions and maintenance of patient adaptive equipment, recommending appropriate adjustments and improvements.
- Communicates, consults, and works closely with parents/guardians, other team members, external agencies, and other professionals on therapy programs, goals, progress, adaptive equipment and other recommendations.
- Consults with physicians, primary nurses, and other healthcare professionals to meet the medical needs of individual clients.
- Prepares and maintains therapy records and agency documentation.
- Follows agency infection control policies and procedures.
- Prepares and conducts professional in-services, programs, and marketing visits.
- Provides leadership and support in specific areas of program development as assigned.
- Supervises Occupational Therapy student affiliations.
- Supervises Certified Occupational Therapy Assistants as needed and as South Dakota licensure laws require.
- Performs related duties, including driving company vehicles to assigned locations, maintaining orderliness of assigned therapy areas, identifying needs for equipment and supplies, identifying repair and calibration of equipment, and completing equipment and supply requisitions.
- Assists students with swimming/aquatic therapy, including transferring students into and out of the pool manually or via Hoyer lift and performing therapy with the individual while in the pool.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Masters degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited OT school and current licensure in the state of South Dakota required. (Individuals who have obtained a bachelor’s degree in Occupational Therapy in the past are grandfathered in and may apply.) Valid South Dakota driver’s license and clean driving record required. Prior Occupational Therapy experience with pediatric population preferred. Employee may be asked to complete Personal Crisis Management training.
| Date Posted
December 31, 2018
| Date Closes
January 30, 2019
| Located In
Sioux Falls, SD
| Job Type
Hourly Wage, Varies, Based on Experience
| SOC Category
29-1122.00 Occupational Therapists
This job is related other jobs in these career categories