Speech Language Pathologist
LifeScape Sioux Falls, SD
This position is responsible for evaluating, developing, and implementing functional speech therapy programs for people served, aged birth through adult, within the therapy area of the Medical Services Department in accordance with the organization’s Mission and Core Values, utilizing Person-Centered Practices.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
Evaluate, develop, and implement functional speech therapy programs.
- Evaluates needs in the areas of: oral motor development, articulation, phonology, auditory processing, expressive and receptive language skills, pragmatic skills, augmentative and alternative communication (AAC), cognitive communication, voice, feeding and swallowing.
- Develops and implements programs as part of a comprehensive team.
- Uses evidence-based therapy practices appropriate to treatment goals and plan of care.
- Evaluates and monitors conditions and maintenance of assistive technology used by the people served, recommending appropriate adjustments and improvements.
- Works closely with parents/guardians and external agencies to discuss therapy programs, individualized education or family service plan (IEPs, IFSPs) goals, progress, assistive technology and other recommendations, as well as with physicians and primary nurses to meet the medical needs of people served.
- Documents therapy evaluations, sessions, progress notes, and discharge information, and communicates plan changes to the family and team. Prepares and updates therapy records and agency documents.
- Supervises, trains and evaluates daily work activities of student therapists, CF candidates and other professionals as needed. Provides job shadow experiences for pre-therapy students.
- Prepares and conducts training in-services and programs for other professionals, families and visitors, and provides leadership and support in specific areas of program development as assigned.
- Performs related duties, including accompanying patients/students to therapy-related appointments or events, maintaining orderliness of assigned therapy areas, making recommendations for modifications and accommodations, advocacy, attending multidisciplinary team meetings, maintaining required trainings and certifications, and identifying needs for required equipment and supplies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology from an accredited Speech-Language Pathology program. Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) or eligible to enter Clinical Fellowship Year (CFY), and eligible for a South Dakota Speech-Language Pathology license. Valid South Dakota driver’s license and clean driving record required. Prior Speech Therapy experience with pediatric population preferred. May be asked to complete Professional Crisis Management (PCM) training.
| Date Posted
December 3, 2018
| Date Closes
January 2, 2019
| Located In
Sioux Falls, SD
| Job Type
Hourly Wage, Based on Experience
40 hours per week
| Positions Available
| SOC Category
29-1127.00 Speech-Language Pathologists
This job offers the following benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health-Care Spending Accounts
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Maternity / Paternity / Family Leave
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Short-Term Disability
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Bereavement Pay
- Cafeteria / Food
- Discounts on Employer Merchandise & Services
- Employee Referral Program
- Free Parking
- Health Fair
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Sick Leave
This job is related other jobs in these career categories