Certified Nursing Assistant
LifeScape Sioux Falls, SD
This position provides care and support for children or adults with disabilities in accordance with the organization’s Mission and Core Values, utilizing Person-Centered Practices as appropriate. Care environments may be residential, production, custodial, dietary, employment services, Specialty School or Specialty Hospital. A job description rider will delineate assignment details.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
Provide care and support for children or adults with disabilities. (80%)
- Assist with dietary and hygiene needs, positioning, and transferring, according to each individual’s appropriate need for assistance.
- Assist individuals develop their daily living/learning capabilities to the appropriate individual level in residential, classroom and/or employment environments.
- Assist in community integration according to individual care and support goals and objectives.
- Assist with learning, recreational and/or production activities.
- Assist with transportation needs of individuals as needed. Complete vehicle mileage logs.
- Follow and implement care plan, assisting in the acquisition of resources required to achieve the individual’s goals.
- Assist with individual medical needs, communicating with appropriate medical staff. May administer medications as needed (with the exception of ICF or Specialty Hospital staff). May be required to order and check in meds.
- Assist in emergencies.
- Provide training to ensure safety for daily activities and emergencies.
- Attend and actively participate in required meetings.
- Attend, complete and maintain trainings as required.
- Float as assigned from one environment to another.
Meet all reporting, communication and documentation requirements.(20%)
- Collect, report and document all applicable care and support information, using appropriate forms.
- Communicate changes in supports/services and training objectives in the service plan, as well as any significant changes/concerns in the individual’s life, to team members.
- Report and document allegations/observations of abuse, neglect and exploitation according to established policies and procedures.
- Report vehicle accidents.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or GED equivalency is required. Must be 18 years of age or older. Valid driver’s license with clean driving record. May require training/testing to drive accessible vehicle. Prior experience working with children or adults with disabilities or challenging behaviors preferred. Successful completion and certification in training provided by agency within specific time allotment required.
| Date Posted
November 1, 2018
| Date Closes
December 1, 2018
| Located In
Sioux Falls, SD
| Job Type
Hourly Wage, Based on Experience
36 hours per week
| Start Date
| Positions Available
| SOC Category
31-1012.00 Nursing Aides, Orderlies, and Attendants
This job offers the following benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health-Care Spending Accounts
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Maternity / Paternity / Family Leave
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Short-Term Disability
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Bereavement Pay
- Cafeteria / Food
- Discounts on Employer Merchandise & Services
- Employee Referral Program
- Free Parking
- Health Fair
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Sick Leave
This job is related other jobs in these career categories