Dietary Aide-Unscheduled Part Time
LifeScape Sioux Falls, SD
This position is responsible to assist with meal services, for either children supported or employees, as part of the Food and Nutrition area at 26th Street in accordance with the organization’s Mission and Core Values, utilizing Person-Centered Practices.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
Assist with children’s meal services.
- Serves meals in dining room.
- Works with Dietitian for special meal plans.
- Records meal count and other related records.
- Logs temperature for all food served.
- Generates computer labels.
- Cleans food preparation equipment and work areas according to use, cleaning procedures, and established infection control policies.
- Washes dishes and kitchen laundry.
- Answers phone for dietary needs.
- Assists in the preparation of food for daily meals.
- Sets up trays for children’s meals.
- Reads meal plans and portions the correct texture and liquid consistency for individual diets.
- Prepares and provides snacks to meet specific dietary needs.
- Assists in coordinating preparation of breakfast and lunch meals for residential and day students.
- Prepares snacks, salads and desserts for regular and dysphasia diets.
- Coordinates with cooking staff to ensure all food is prepared according to each child’s meal plan.
- Receives, coordinates and communicates changes in meal plans or any identified child issues with Food and Nutrition staff, as well as residential and therapy staff.
- Sets up trays and portions foods for meals and snacks.
- Assists in training new staff.
Assist with employee meal services.
- Prepares food; such as, salads, sandwiches and muffins, focusing on freshness and presentation.
- Sets up and tears down salad bar.
- Portions and dishes food.
- Replenishes food throughout meal service times.
- Maintains records for food temperatures.
- Charges employees for their meals.
- Cleans all food preparation equipment according to use and cleaning procedures and established infection control practices.
- Washes dishes.
- Answers phones.
- Assists cook with caterings; sets up buffet lines for caterings.
- Assists with developing new menu ideas.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred. Must be at least 16 years of age for Dietary I position. Prior institutional dietary experience is preferred.
Apply online here!
| Date Posted
May 8, 2018
| Date Closes
June 7, 2018
2501 W 26th St
| Located In
Sioux Falls, SD
| Job Type
8-20 hours per week
| Start Date
| Positions Available
| SOC Category
35-3041.00 Food Servers, Non-restaurant
This job is related other jobs in these career categories