Therapy Aide-Full Time
LifeScape Sioux Falls, SD
This position is responsible for providing direct restorative therapy, and therapy support in accordance with the organization’s Mission and Core Values, utilizing Person-Centered Practices.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
Provide direct restorative therapy and support.
- Provides specific care, as outlined in individualized support plans, including (but not limited to) passive and active range of motion and assistance with ambulation and balance.
- Implements standing and exercise programs, and other developmental and/or functional exercises or interventions recommended and monitored by the Physical, Occupational Therapist and Speech and Language Pathology
- Monitors conditions and maintenance of adaptive equipment/assistive technology. Troubleshoots broken equipment and coordinates adaptive equipment repairs., as well as repairs to augmentative communication devices
- Coordinates adaptive equipment repairs.
- Coordinates OT/PT evaluations in some locations.
- Implements recommendations from OT/PT consultants in some locations.
- Implements recommendations from SLP’s in some locations
- Designs and implements interactive and engaging exercise programs to encourage activity.
- Serves as a resource for fitness/health related questions/concerns.
- Serves as a resource for AAC, training of AAC programs as monitored by SLP
- Serves as an active team member, participating in meetings and assisting the team and person served in developing supports to achieve goals.
- Assists with orthotics (scheduling, repair/maintenance of braces, fit, and troubleshooting).
- Implements programs; i.e., Mobility, Standing, Feeding, ADLs, and AAC, Skill Building as outlined by team/therapist.
- Provides training as needed on proper transfer techniques, use of equipment, application of orthotics, in addition to other supports needed for person supported and requested by team/therapist.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum of Associates Degree in the area of health/fitness. Minimum one year work experience and/or education in physical/occupational therapy/ and or communication. Experience working with people with developmental disabilities preferred.
| Date Posted
October 5, 2017
| Date Closes
November 4, 2017
2501 W 26th St
| Located In
Sioux Falls, SD
| Job Type
| Experience Level
Entry Level (0-2 yrs. experience)
40 hours per week
| Start Date
| Positions Available
| SOC Category
31-2022.00 Physical Therapist Aides
This job offers the following benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health-Care Spending Accounts
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Maternity / Paternity / Family Leave
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Short-Term Disability
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Bereavement Pay
- Cafeteria / Food
- Discounts on Employer Merchandise & Services
- Employee Referral Program
- Free Parking
- Health Fair
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Sick Leave
This job is related other jobs in these career categories