Under the direction of the Human Resources Director, assists in the provision of human resource services through the performance of administrative support functions involving a variety of highly responsible, confidential, technical and complex duties relating to recruitment, employee maintenance and administration of classification, compensation and benefits programs.
Essential Functions: (with or without reasonable accommodation)
1. Assists with coordinating all aspects of the recruitment process including posting and advertising vacancies, application review and follow up, testing and interviews, and offers of employment.
2. Coordinates the appropriate paperwork to facilitate the hiring process including background checks, pre-employment drug screens and physicals as applicable.
3. Oversees employee enrollment and orientation in all benefit programs, explaining basic plan provisions, ensuring all forms are completed, and answering inquiries.
4. Develops and maintains a working knowledge of all group benefit programs and establishes and maintains a good working relationship with representatives of the various benefit programs.
5. Assists with coordinating all aspects of benefits administration with the payroll division of the Finance Department.
6. Reviews and processes all new hire paperwork and personnel action form changes, including promotions, pay adjustments, terminations, etc.
7. Processes bi-weekly payroll accurately to ensure compliance, accuracy and efficiency.
8. Creates, maintains and closes the official employee personnel files for all full and part-time employees and seasonal employees, ensuring that all appropriate documentation is obtained and filed.
9. Develops and maintains a working knowledge of the City’s Personnel Manual and the relationships among personnel rules, departmental rules, labor agreements, administrative policies and employment laws.
10. Assists with coordinating amendments and revisions to the City’s Personnel Manual, including issuing approved revisions to departments and helping with employee education regarding changes.
11. Assists with the New Employee Orientation Program.
12. Assists with managing the performance evaluation system to ensure all departments complete evaluations in a timely manner, including related salary adjustment documentation.
13. Answers human resource related telephone calls and handles inquiries, provides information and assistance to employees and job applicants.
14. Prepares reports, correspondence and other written documentation as it pertains to human resource services.
15. Assists in the development and update of organizational position descriptions.
16. Conducts or assists with special projects as required.
17. Performs other duties as directed or as the situation dictates.
Education, Training, License, Certification and Experience:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of modern office procedures, methods and equipment, including personal computer.
2. Computer skills, including basic word-processing, spreadsheet and database skills and ability to use MS Office products. Previous use of HRIS and Payroll software preferred.
3. Good organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
4. Ability to follow instruction.
5. Basic business letter writing, report preparation, and record keeping skills.
6. Basic English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation skills.
7. Basic alphabetization and filing skills.
8. Basic mathematical skills.
9. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
10. Ability to listen, demonstrate compassion and relate to employees at all levels.
11. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
12. Ability to type 50 words per minute.
13. Ability to apply common sense understanding in carrying out written and oral instructions.
14. Ability to read and write proficiently.
15. Ability to work independently, prioritize work, meet deadlines, and make decisions on the basis of established policies and procedures.
16. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with City officials, fellow employees, and patrons.
17. Ability to maintain regular and dependable attendance on the job.
|Date Posted||April 17, 2018|
|Date Closes||May 17, 2018|
|Address||8116 Park View Blvd|
|Located In||La Vista, NE|
|Job Type||Full-time Employee|
|Experience Level||Intermediate (3-7 yrs. experience)|
|Hours||40 hours per week|
|SOC Category||13-1079.00 Human Resources, Training, and Labor Relations Specialists, All Other|
|Address||8116 Park View Boulevard|
|City, State and Zip||La Vista, NE 68128|
This job requires the following skills
This job is related other jobs in these career categories
Course(s) relevant to the skills listed for this position