As a leading insurance marketing organization, Senior Market Sales, Inc. (SMS) has an immediate need for a Database Administrator. We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic individual who shares our commitment to excellence in sales and service.
The Database Administrator is responsible for identifying, tracking and resolving database related issues, incidents and requests, including troubleshooting database problems and advising on appropriate action steps; assisting with installation and updates of software; project-based work; advising on improvements to existing or new systems; and assisting in the design of new and existing databases to improve security, efficiencies and database stability/scalability.
Responsibilities for the Database Administrator position includes but not limited to:
- Identify, track and resolve database related issues, incidents and requests, fulfilling requests and resolving incidents within acceptable timeframes.
- Perform Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO) activities in both production and development environments including monitor, analyze, recommend and implement solutions.
- Create SQL statements, stored procedures, functions and related T-SQL activities. Mentor and collaborate with developers on database development techniques.
- Create automation scripts, Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) and reporting solutions.
- Provide excellent communication to the different levels of IT to make decisions and assist in resolution.
- Analyze existing database structure and assist internal IT teams in improving security, efficiencies and scalability of company’s application data access components
- Research and monitor new database features and methodologies. Present applicable concepts to the IT teams, assist in bringing database methodologies up to current industry best practices.
- Perform and track regular maintenance (e.g. backups, index maintenance, etc.) on corporate databases to ensure optimal performance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a computer-related field, Master's Degree a plus.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in database administration for MSSQL server
- Strong verbal and written proficiencies of the English language are required
- Experience developing, testing and implementing T-SQL stored procedures, functions and queries
- Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
- Experience with Reporting and Business Intelligence solutions. Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services and Power BI preferred.
- Experience with data ETL methodologies. Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) preferred.
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options using MSSQL Server
- Experience in implementing operational automation using scripts. Experience with PowerShell or Windows scripting a plus
- Knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics
- Good communication and documentation skills
- Service oriented mindset
- High sense of ownership of problems and requests assigned
- Focus on managing and resolving issues
Work Hours: Monday – Thursday, 7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.; Fridays – 7:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. Additional hours may be required due to business needs.
Qualified candidates should submit resume and salary requirements. This posting will close on Friday, July 24, 2020.
Senior Market Sales, Inc. is a National Insurance Marketing firm in Omaha offering competitive compensation and benefits in a team-oriented, casual atmosphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer; SMS participates in the E-Verify system.
“Successful people do those things that failures refuse to do.”