Systems Configuration & Reporting Analyst
Senior Market Sales, Inc. (SMS) is a leading insurance marketing organization focused on Medicare solutions, long-term care insurance, life insurance and annuities. We are looking for motivated and enthusiastic individuals who share our commitment to excellence in customer service. Due to recent growth and on-going customer demands we have an opening for a Systems Configuration & Reporting Analyst in our Accounting/Commissions business unit.
Responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Commission System Analysis Functions: Analyze current operational procedures, identify problems, and identify and communicate system requirements, and implement appropriate configurations and/or changes. Act as a knowledgeable liaison between teams during the implementation phase, maintenance and general processing stages of the commission system.
- Technical Configuration Functions: Utilize SQL, Excel, and web-based customization tools including Logical Expressions, queries, field mappings, and system functions to configure and maintain commission system. Configure and maintain formulas, expressions, and data mappings; create and update screens, dashboards, views, filters, and approval rules; configuration of users, groups, and security permissions; customization of objects, fields, record types, page layouts and validation rules.
- Quality Assurance and Usability Testing: Test, Validate, and understands the impact of various configuration options and changes. Assist with resolving technical/system related inquiries. Develop solutions to increase efficiency, accuracy and accessibility of data.
- Commission System Reporting and Records: Utilize Commission System and BI tools to create and maintain reports for internal and external distribution. Establish and follow consistent process for system documentation and training, communicating enhancements, and reporting system discrepancies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or related field or experience with a minimum of 2-4 years in the system support field required.
- SQL experience required.
- Advanced Excel features experience required.
- Experience with implementing, maintaining and/or supporting commission systems and/or SaaS hosted software.
- Experience with business analyst functions a plus.
- Experience with Groovy, Java, Python, Ruby or other Object Oriented languages a plus.
- Working knowledge of Agile project management methodology.
- Knowledge of accounting and commission principles and procedures.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Problem Solver
- Customer Service Oriented
- Team Player
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced sales environment
- High sense of urgency
Qualified candidates should submit resume and salary requirements. This posting will close at 5:00 p.m. on Friday, January 24, 2020.
Senior Market Sales, Inc. offers competitive compensation and benefits in a team-oriented, casual atmosphere.
Equal Opportunity Employer; SMS participates in the E-Verify system.
“Successful people do those things that failures refuse to do.”