Senior Market Sales, Inc. Omaha, NE
Our goal is hire the right people for the right jobs to enable them to come in every day to do what needs to be done to enable our company to continue to grow, remain successful and debt free! Are you the right person to help us do that?
Senior Market Sales, Inc. (SMS) is a leading insurance marketing organization focused on Medicare solutions, long-term care insurance, life insurance and annuities. We are looking for motivated and enthusiastic individuals who share our commitment to excellence in customer service. We offer a challenging, fast-paced environment with competitive compensation and benefits in a team-oriented, casual atmosphere. The System Administrator installs, implements, maintains, and troubleshoots complex operating systems software and related program products. This role provides technical consulting on the use and integration of applications into the operating environment.
Responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Responsibilities include day-to-day administration of our Microsoft Network System.
- Perform user administration (setup and maintenance) of user accounts.
- Perform on-site diagnosis, troubleshoot and resolve problems as they arise as well as maintenance, upgrades and repairs on server equipment.
- Develop plans and processes to maximize long-term capabilities of the system including identifying hardware, software and process solutions. Assist with the development and implementation of policies for the system including backup and recovery policies and security policies.
- Experience in Windows operating systems, subsystems, and Software Vendor products.
- Extensive experience in VMWare, AWS, and Azure
- Experience with the configuration of Anti-Virus systems, encryption, system installation and configuration, fundamentals of security, installing third-party software
- Experience in Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft Office Intermediate or Advanced skills preferred. Ability to write scripts in some administrative language (VBScript, Powershell)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; capable of writing purchase justifications, training users in complex topics, making presentations to an internal audience, and interacting positively with upper management
- Builds, defines and documents new standards, processes and procedures. Provides documentation for new builds to be done in the environment
- Independent problem-solving, self-direction
- Familiarity with fundamental networking/distributed computing environment concepts; can configure NFS; can use nslookup and troubleshoot information in the DNS; understands basic routing concepts
- Three to five years of system administration experience in VMWare, Windows Server/PC platforms and router configurations
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science, MIS or similar course area OR equivalent combination of education and work experience; with at least 4-5 years’ experience working with end-user, database and network administration.
6+ years related IT experience. MS or BS (or equivalent experience) Associates/ Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience
Qualified candidates should submit resume and salary requirements. This posting will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer; SMS participates in the E-Verify system.
“Successful people do those things that failures refuse to do.”
| Date Posted
January 15, 2019
| Date Closes
March 17, 2019
| Located In
Business Systems Analyst
| Job Type
40 hours per week
| Start Date
| SOC Category
15-1071.00 Network and Computer Systems Administrators
This job requires the following skills
- Business - Communication
- Business - Planning
- Business - Strategy Development
- Business Intelligence - Other Software
- Microsoft - Excel
- Microsoft - Outlook
- Microsoft - PowerPoint
- Microsoft - Word
- Microsoft Office
- Business Analyst
This job is related other jobs in these career categories
Course(s) relevant to the skills listed for this position