PC Support Specialist I
Senior Market Sales, Inc. Omaha, NE
PC Support Specialist I
Senior Market Sales, Inc., a thirty year old insurance marketing company with offices across the United States, is looking for a PC Support Specialist for its Omaha office.
The PC Support Specialist I is responsible for providing support on all company supported applications and platforms; troubleshooting computer problems and advise on appropriate action steps; assisting with installation and updates of hardware and software; and project-based work.
- Provide first-level contact and problem resolution for all users with hardware, software and applications problems
- Respond to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone and electronically
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware (workstations, notebooks, scanners, copiers, printers, etc.) and software issues
- Advise end users on appropriate actions steps
- Follow standard IT System Support desk procedures
- Log all service desk requests and interactions
- Redirect problems to appropriate resources
- Identify and escalate situations requiring immediate attention
- Track and route problems and requests and document resolutions
- Coordinate and relocate user workstations and telecom equipment when needed
- Provide professional customer service when working with end users on issues that arise.
- Perform hardware (workstations, notebooks, scanners, copiers, printers, etc.) and software installations and upgrades
- Evaluate and resolve software related issues
- Test and analyze existing and new areas of the IT systems
- Coordinate support between the different levels of IT and end users
- Perform and track regular maintenance on user workstations, copiers, printers, and phones to ensure optimal performance.
- Support software installations for off-site agents
- Provide support in using the email security portal and resetting of passwords on that portal.
- Hours are Monday – Thursday, 7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.; Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.; Overtime as required to meet business needs.
- Working knowledge of common computer hardware systems and computer software programs.
- Skill in maintaining effective working relationships with all internal and external IT customers.
- Skill in negotiating and problem solving to resolve internal and external conflicts.
- Ability to think creatively around problems and identify creative solutions.
- Ability to provide technical support over the phone.
- Ability to approach and communicate with a wide range of personalities in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to engage in effective interpersonal interaction, verbal communication and written communication.
- Ability to actively contribute to team effort.
- High School Diploma or GED with minimum of 1 year experience in desktop support. Training/experience with Windows Operating Systems and Microsoft Office Suite preferred.
- May be required to stand, stoop, bend, kneel and reach; minimal lifting in order to move or adjust hardware components.
- Must be able to lift and carry at least 50 pounds and must be able to crawl under work surfaces for cable and jack related work.
Qualified candidates should submit resume and salary requirements. This posting will remain open until a qualified candidate is hired.
Senior Market Sales, Inc. is an insurance marketing company offering competitive wage and benefit package including employee paid health and life insurance and a generous 401(k) match.
Equal Opportunity Employer; SMS participates in the E-Verify system.
“Successful people do those things that failures refuse to do.”
| Date Posted
November 2, 2018
| Date Closes
December 2, 2018
| Located In
| Job Type
| Experience Level
Entry Level (0-2 yrs. experience)
40 hours per week
| Start Date
| Positions Available
| SOC Category
15-1041.00 Computer Support Specialists
This job requires the following skills
- Microsoft Windows Desktop
- Operating Systems
- Software Install and Upgrades
- Technical Support
This job is related other jobs in these career categories
Course(s) relevant to the skills listed for this position