Professors Learning Center is a cutting-edge Learning Center for children 6 weeks to 6 years, focused on creating a premier child learning experience at an affordable cost for our children, parents, and teachers. Our Lead Teachers are responsible for overseeing day-to-day operations in your assigned classroom, coaching and mentoring staff, and assisting parents and children through their experience in your assigned room. Additionally, our Lead Teachers are responsible for ensuring that the Professors Learning Center is truly an affordable solution to a premier child development experience.
Summary of essential job functions:
- Plan and implement the curriculum.
- Assist in preparing breakfast and snacks for children.
- Regulate rest periods.
- Redirect initiate other measures to control behavior.
- Change diapers as needed.
- Help with dressing a child when needed.
- Identify signs of emotional or developmental problems in children.
- Keep an organized daily sheet for each child.
- Communicate daily with parents.
- Observe and monitor children’s play activities.
- Organize and participate in recreational activities.
- Sanitize toys.
- Organize and store toys in activity areas.
- Support children’s emotional and social development.
- Set up conferences with parents every 3 Months.
- Supervision of teachers in your classroom.
- Provide leadership to assistant and part time teachers in your classroom.
- All other duties and responsibilities as determined by Center Management
- Two non-credit approved courses in early childhood education; or
- Two courses for credit in early childhood education or its equivalent from an institution of higher education; or
- Certificate from the Registry indicating that the person is qualified as a childcare teacher; or
- An Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree from an institution of higher education; or
- Meet the education requirements as outline in the Registry childcare teacher qualifications (251.05(1) (f)4.a.).
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds regularly
- Must be able to sit down on the floor to play with children
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to attend work as required
- Degree and/or certifications in Elementary and Early Childhood Development from a Nationally or State Accredited Institution
- Microsoft Office, Web Browser, Email, Fax
You will be working in a busy and occasionally noisy environment. There can be several activities and situations happening at once, and you must supervise and provide a safe environment to all children always.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
The Professors Learning Center