Educare Lincoln is looking for their next team member who is empowered to succeed and thrive in a team environment dedicated to professionalism, integrity, community, and serving children and families, while providing the level of service families deserve and that you enjoy providing!
The Family Engagement Specialist will interact with the Educare family waitlist through routine checks ins and service delivery when necessary. They will also assist in the recruitment, enrollment and monitoring of attendance of Educare students. They will work with teaching and administrative staff to develop and implement family engagement opportunities to enhance family well-being, promote positive parent-child relationships, support family members as lifelong educators, engage family members as learners, inform families during the transition of their children from one developmental program to another, connect family members to peers and their community, promote family members’ abilities to advocate. The Family Engagement Specialist will also assist families as needed to address crisis events that may impact a child’s regular participation in the program and/or relate to basic family needs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or Social Work (preferred) or related field
- Two years experience working with families in a community-based, culturally and/or social economically diverse, family-centered program
- Previous Head Start or Early Childhood Experience preferred
- Must be able to pass a background check that meets compliance standards
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to establish supportive relationships and form an alliance with staff and families from diverse backgrounds on behalf of children.
- Knowledge of community culture, resources and services to ensure families receive comprehensive services.
- Ability to travel to community agencies and/or make home visits.
- Knowledge of principles and best practices of family engagement.
- Basic knowledge of child development.
- Experience in public speaking and ability to facilitate small groups.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including early mornings, evenings and the occasional weekend.
- Ability to provide effective assistance in crises situations.
- Ability to work cooperatively with an interdisciplinary team of professionals.
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and in writing, in a manner that demonstrates and fosters cooperation, respect, concern and openness to change.
- Ability to take, or think about the perspective of others and demonstrate self-awareness of one’s own culture, beliefs, and values.
- Organization skills with the ability to manage time and multiple priorities.
- Ability to collaboratively problem-solve.
- Ability to participate in and utilize reflective supervision.
- Maintain boundaries and performs all duties in an ethical and professional manner.
- Complies with all confidentiality regulations as required.
- Ability to obtain First Aid and CPR certification.
- Ability to operate a computer and office equipment, including, but not limited to, a telephone, fax machine, and copier.
- Ability to lift, carry and move center/classroom equipment and supplies. and/or bulky objects or children weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Perform other duties as assigned within scope of the job description
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long term Disability
- Retirement/403(b) with 3% match
- 10 Paid Holidays PLUS all days between Christmas and New Year's are paid time off
- Sick Leave, 12 days in first year
- Vacation, 12 days in first year
Educare Lincoln is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Educare of Lincoln