Account Resolution Specialist
Amerifirst Finance Omaha, NE
AmeriFirst Finance is currently seeking highly motivated individuals to join our growing team. We offer above average market wages, a full benefits package and the opportunity for advancement and additional incentives. Candidates should enjoy the challenge of working independently as well as in a team environment, have strong analytic and reasoning skills and thrive in a fast paced but fun work environment. Candidates should also be flexible for daytime, evening and weekend shifts. We proudly employ a very tenured team of experienced professionals and have seen minimal turnover over the past few years!
NOTE – full job descriptions available upon interview
Responsible for performing loan servicing associated with various delinquent or recovery accounts. Reviews delinquent accounts, determines probable reasons for account status, and contacts obligors to resolve the delinquencies. Utilizes various techniques, as circumstances indicate, to promptly resolve delinquent accounts. Ensures that the Company's professional image is maintained.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Assumes responsibility for the effective and professional performance of collections functions.
- Follows up on delinquent accounts by telephone, personal contact, and correspondence to secure a satisfactory resolution to the repayment problem. Discusses possible financial arrangements and suggests financial counseling to arrive at suitable payment arrangements. Continues to seek a resolution of the past dueuntil the account becomes a write-off, bankruptcy, or attorney account. Makes early contact with obligors to cure the delinquency and keep them informed of account status.
- Utilizes effective human relations skills and various forms of persuasion to present a positive Company image in an already negative situation. Calms irate obligors and answers questions and complaints relevant to Department functions. Determines reasons for delinquencies and works toward permanent solutions. Minimizes losses by early actions.
- Utilizes further appropriate resolution methods if initial attempts do not secure required payment. Recommends extensions of due dates. Suggests consolidations and financial counseling.
- Refers accounts to special handling coordinators for bankruptcy or probate actions. Continues related resolution efforts.
- Performs efforts in accordance with Company policies and procedures and ensures they are legally compliant.
- Assumes responsibility for the efficient administration of collections activities.
- Keeps accurate and up-to-date activity reports on late, potentially late, and delinquent accounts.
- Documents all actions taken, including telephone conversations, alternative financial arrangements, and correspondence on computer.
- Researches accounts that appear on late and potentially late records to ensure that Company errors are detected promptly. Provides obligors the opportunity to fully explain their account status.
- Assumes responsibility for ensuring that professional business relations are established and maintained with clients and external contacts.
- Maintains the Company's professional reputation throughout resolution operations and in all contacts with obligors.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective communication and coordination with Company personnel.
- Assists area personnel as needed.
- Keeps management informed of activities, progress toward established objectives, and of any significant problems.
- Attends and participates in meetings as required.
- Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
- Stays informed of changes in servicing policies, procedures, and related legal requirements.
- Ensures that work area is clean, secure, and well maintained.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Through Careerlink.com
- Visit our website at www.trustamerifirst.com and apply to the email email@example.com
| Date Posted
March 15, 2019
| Date Closes
April 14, 2019
11171 Mill Valley Rd
| Located In
| Job Type
Hourly Wage, Based on Experience
| Experience Level
Entry Level (0-2 yrs. experience)
40 hours per week
| Start Date
| Positions Available
| SOC Category
43-3011.00 Bill and Account Collectors
This job offers the following benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Health-Care Spending Accounts
- Maternity / Paternity / Family Leave
- Short-Term Disability
- Bereavement Pay
- Casual Dress
- Employee Referral Program
- Flexible Hours
- Holiday Party
- On-the-Job Training
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Remote Access
- Sick Leave
- Merit Increases
- Productivity Rewards
This job requires the following skills
- Delinquent Account Collections
This job is related other jobs in these career categories