Junior Credit Underwriter
Amerifirst Finance Omaha, NE
AmeriFirst Finance is currently seeking two highly motivated individuals to join our friendly and growing team. We offer above average market wages, a full benefits package and the opportunity for advancement and additional incentives. Candidates should enjoy the challenge of working independently as well as in a team environment, have strong analytic and reasoning skills and thrive in a fast paced but fun work environment. Candidates should also be flexible with daytime, evening and potential weekend shifts. Management will work with qualified candiates to meet scheduling requests. We proudly employ a very tenured team of experienced professionals and have seen minimal turnover over the past few years!
NOTE – full job descriptions available upon interview
POSITION PURPOSE - Responsible for receiving, reviewing, and processing applications for home improvement loans and other asset classes. Evaluates loan applications and approves those that meet initial lending criteria and are within approved lending limits. Refers loan requests above lending limit for approval as per loan policy. Ensures that customers and prospective customers are promptly and professionally served.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Assumes responsibility for effectively receiving, reviewing, and processing loan applications.
- Evaluates and verifies loan applications and credit criteria for the requested product. Computes debt ratios. Verifies employment and income. Determines value of collateral. Approves loans within limits of authority and properly notifies applicants of loan decisions. Requests additional information if required.
- Ensures that each loan file is properly prepared and documented based on the applicable loan product used and correct procedures are followed to complete all requests for credit.
- Verifies terms, rates and discounts on loans for proper disclosure and applies special handling as required by loan type requested.
- Performs duties of area personnel as required. This can include reporting, processing of disclosures, and creation and delivery of electronic or paper documents to the proper parties.
- Ensures that lending operations are conducted in accordance with established Company policies and are legally compliant.
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective and professional business relationships with customers.
- Resolves requests and questions promptly and courteously. Answers basic questions regarding lending policies and programs and refers in depth inquires to the Credit Manager or Senior Underwriter as needed.
- Ensures that the Company's quality and professional reputation is projected and maintained.
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective coordination and communication with area personnel and with management.
- Assists area personnel as needed. Assists other department personnel.
- Assists in training and cross training loan support personnel.
- Completes reports and records promptly and accurately. Documents applications and all supporting documents as required.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Keeps Management informed of area activities and of any significant problems.
- Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
- Ensures proper maintenance, cleanliness, and security of work area, desks, equipment, etc. and adheres to policies concerning shredding of confidential or personal information for both the customer and the company.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Through Careerlink.com
- Visit our website at www.trustamerifirst.com and apply to the email firstname.lastname@example.org
| Date Posted
March 15, 2019
| Date Closes
April 14, 2019
11171 Mill Valley Rd
| Located In
Credit & Funding
| Job Type
Salary, Based on Experience
| Experience Level
Entry Level (0-2 yrs. experience)
40 hours per week
| Start Date
| Positions Available
| SOC Category
13-2041.00 Credit Analysts
This job offers the following benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Health-Care Spending Accounts
- Maternity / Paternity / Family Leave
- Short-Term Disability
- Bereavement Pay
- Casual Dress
- Employee Referral Program
- Flexible Hours
- Holiday Party
- On-the-Job Training
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Remote Access
- Sick Leave
- Merit Increases
- Productivity Rewards
This job is related other jobs in these career categories