Full Job Description
DDCN is looking for a nurturing, supporting and compassionate professionals to support the needs of individuals with Developmental Disabilities. If you can do just one thing well, you’re needed by someone. DDCN is a place of Equal Employment Opportunity with fair treatments of all staff without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, color, or physical disabilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure Individuals' needs are met while preserving their dignity and personal choice.
- Work in supporting, promoting and teaching Individuals to complete their daily living activities(including personal hygiene) and enhance skills.
- Provide day-to-day care to Individuals residing in their own home.
- Assist and guide Individuals in budgeting funds (this includes shopping or other activities involving money management).
- Assist Individuals in participating and planning social and recreational activities.
- Complete and maintain all documentation required on a web-based system that employee will be trained on.
- Monitor program compliance and progress with the Individual Service Plan.
- Provide a safe living environment to meet the Individual needs.
- Effectively communicate with the Team.
- Establish and maintain professional and productive working relationships.
- Regular and strong attendance.
- May attend Individual Service Planning meetings (ISP).
- Administer medication as scheduled to Individuals and monitor health changes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma required.
- Medication aide certification required (Course can also be provided for certification).
- Must be 19 years of age
- Some college coursework in education, special education or psychology, may be desired.
- 1-2 years of experience working with the developmentally disabled populations or have a human service field degree or specialized training.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record. Cannot have had license suspended in the last 5 years. Please indicate any other driving violations that may affect your application.
- Must maintain confidentiality and protect the Individual's right.
- Current automobile insurance.
- Ability to drive Individuals in your personal vehicle.
- No record of abuse or neglect or police record of a felony.
- Have proven skills in communication, spoken, written, and listening; observation; and problem-solving.
- Knowledge of human growth and behavior, time management skills, and understanding of social systems.
- Ability to handle a variety of situations and individuals behaviors.
- Must pass pre-employment physical and background check.
- Full-time salary position with flexible scheduling and mileage reimbursement
- Ability to travel both in and out of city limits
- Lifting (under 25 lbs) and carrying equipment/material as required
Developmental Disability Center of Nebraska