The Bookkeeper is responsible for the day-to-day bookkeeping for the organization, as well as monthly and quarterly reconciliations for accounts. This is a full charge bookkeeping position. It is extremely reconciliation heavy using QuickBook Online Only.
DDCN is seeking a Bookkeeper in Omaha, NE. We offer a casual work environment, opportunities for growth, and the ability to gain extraordinary insight by working directly with company owners.
Tell Me More
DDCN is a small, family-owned company with years of experience and a deep understanding of their industry. They offer timely and efficient solutions that help businesses increase efficiency and improve their bottom line.
What we seek
DDCN is seeking a detail-oriented individual to manage their various office and bookkeeping activities. Someone with great customer service skills and an understanding of general accounting principles is preferred. Here’s what they look for:
- Purchasing: Local and Online
- Inventory Management: Tracking and Invoicing
- Filing and Organization of Client and Operations Data
- Monthly Preparation of Company Newsletter
- Create Marketing Material as Needed
Operations/Bookkeeping QuickBook Online Only:
- Maintain accounting records using QuickBooks Online
- Sales Tax Preparation and Submittal
- Manage Company Insurance Polices
- Manage all aspects of the general ledger in QB
- General accounting duties, as needed
- Categorize and track expenses
- Create and check financial statements for accuracy
- Reconcile bank accounts and perform account analysis on assets and liability accounts
- Bank and petty cash entry and reconciliation
- Credit card statements entry and reconciliation
- Accounts Receivable
- Accounts Payable
- Run custom reports that provide business analysis. These reports include account balances, profit and loss figures, etc., as a whole and for specific projects
- Handle payroll
- Payroll journal entries
- Collect W-9 and W-2 forms from vendors/employees.
- Excellent knowledge of the W-4 and 1099 tax form creation and filings through QuickBooks payroll
- Interface with outside accounting experts such as tax CPA, lawyers, auditors, and consultants
- Collecting client-billing information.
- Sending out attendance, Time Tracker and ISP data to Manager, Coordinator of Services and Quality Assurance and revising to create final claims sent to DHHS.
- Acting as liaison to client to resolve any billing issues.
- Taking funding paid by DHHS to apply to claims.
- Using Microsoft Excel to export financial information from Therap System to create reports.
- All claims submitted are to be billed as needed following DHHS specific guidelines.
- Obtain appropriate Service Authorization through use of Therap system.
- Review Attendance, ISP data, Time Tracker and T-logs for all clients in Therap System to ensure data is appropriate for claim submission.
- Ensure that claim corrections identified in Attendance, ISP data, Time Tracker and T-log are appropriately updated and documented in Therap System.
- Prepare billings electronically in Therap System for accurate reimbursement.
- Resubmit adjusted claims according to DHHS specific guidelines.
- Monitoring and being resourceful in solving denials.
- Actively working with DDSC to solve problems that delay the payment process.
- Must have at least 2+ years of experience as a bookkeeper with excellent references.
- Excellent knowledge of QuickBooks Online.
- Ability and knack for working with numerical data. Attention to detail.
- Solid understanding of the three levels of QuickBooks Online application: Simple, Essentials, and Plus.
- Ability to effectively manage time and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as a member
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Knowledge of double-entry bookkeeping is preferred.
- Actively participant in administrative meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Developmental Disability Center of Nebraska