LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse)
Developmental Disability Center of Nebraska Omaha, NE
DDCN is a rapidly growing organization headquartered in Omaha, NE with programs located throughout the city. We provide innovative services that support independence and community inclusion for people across a broad spectrum of ability and specialized needs. The population we serve includes adults with developmental and intellectual disabilities, sensory impairments and complex medical and behavioral health needs. At DDCN, our core values of care, quality and respect are paramount to providing services. We are committed to lifetime comprehensive supports that enable a person to maximize their independence and live with dignity and respect among their peers in the community.
DDCN is seeking a Licensed Practical Nurse experienced in Adult Hab Wavier for a full-time position in Omaha office.
Our busy program works closely with the State of Nebraska Medicaid Waiver (DD) to provide quality services to individuals with developmental disabilities 18 and over. If you want to work in a dynamic and fulfilling team environment then this job is for you!
We offer a competitive wage with increases and bonuses. We also offer health benefits and paid time off.
- Communicates health/nursing needs and/or recommendations to staff, other health providers and families.
- Coordinates hospital admissions, discharges, and follow-up as needed.
- Checks program/service areas on a frequent but not less than a quarterly basis to ensure the necessary medical/nursing supplies are available and in ample supply.
- Assists on medical/health appointments as needed.
- Provides direct care services as needed within the treatment or habilitation environment
- Ensures the provisions of nursing/health services as outlined in the state and federal regulations and divisional directives.
- Ensures the provision of nursing/health services as ordered by physicians and other health professionals/consultants.
- Ensures the provision of nursing services/programs as outlined in the Service Plan.
- Ensures the provisions of needed adaptive equipment.
- Monitors individual health status through the provision of general nursing services as outlined/ordered.
- Monitors incidents involving individuals, ensures incident report is completed timely and accurately and examines the individual.
- Ensures aggressive management of individual health needs when indicated by adverse change in medical/health status of the individual.
- Works closely with home/facility staff in consulting on psychotropic medications, side effects, and planning agenda for medication reviews.
- Monitors height and weight of persons served.
- Administers and/or oversees medication/physical treatments as ordered by the physician and provides assessment of adverse effects/results.
- Reports pertinent information and changes in individual health status to attending physician/ health professionals and to the Team as needed in a timely manner.
- Screens ill individuals and refers to a physician if needed.
- Orders, reviews, monitor, and discontinue medication as ordered by physician. Dispose of unused medication per policy, reporting adverse reactions.
- Assures that monthly Medication Administration Records (MAR’s) are in each individual’s record.
- Reports possible communicable diseases or infections and works closely with nursing staff and/or other health care professionals, staff, and family in assessing and treating the situation.
- Ensures the routine documentation of individual health status in nurse’s notes.
- Transcribes or ensures the transcription of physician phone orders and other medically related reports, prior to filing in the individual’s
| Date Posted
December 17, 2019
| Date Closes
March 31, 2020
1805 N 73RD ST
| Located In
| Job Type
| Experience Level
Entry Level (0-2 yrs. experience)
| Start Date
| SOC Category
29-2061.00 Licensed Practical and Licensed Vocational Nurses
This job offers the following benefits
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Short-Term Disability
- Supplemental Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Free Parking
- On-the-Job Training
- Paid Vacations
This job requires the following skills
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Medical Assistant
This job is related other jobs in these career categories