Site Directors report directly to the All Star Kids Program Director. The Site Director position is a Full-time position, requiring a minimum thirty two (32) hour time commitment each week with opportunity to work up to 40 hours a week. Site Director's schedule is a split shift on site from 6:15-8:15 and 2:30-6:00 Monday through Friday. Additional hours are worked in between the listed on site hours to complete various site management duties.
To provide direction and oversight to the employee and children involved in the after school activities of the All Star Kids Program. Manages employee by directing their activities, and provides feedback and discipline as appropriate. Ensures employee carries out activities in support of the program’s goals and objectives. Creates and fosters a team environment to ensure the success of Foundation goals and objectives. Establishes and maintains open communication with staff, school employees, parents, and children. Ensures state licensing requirements are met and the program is conducted in a safe and healthy environment. Job expectations of the position are governed by the policies and procedures as stated in the BPSF All Star Kids Employee Handbook and/or as mandated by BPSF All Star Kids Administration. Site Directors report to the Program Director.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Management principles
- Age and developmentally appropriate activities for children.
- State licensing requirements.
- Interact with children of various ages and abilities in a positive and appropriate manner.
- Plan safe and developmentally appropriate activities for registered students.
- Understand and follow protocol for various emergency procedures.
- Prepare and maintain departmental records, reports, and correspondences pertaining to the functions of All Star Kids.
- Maintain the confidentiality of appropriate communications, documents, and transactions.
- Perform job duties efficiently while managing frequent interruptions.
- Plan and organize work, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Guide, direct, and develop staff.
- Cultivate a team environment.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with parents, district employees, board members, and All Star Kids staff.
- Operate standard office equipment.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Provide a high level of customer service to various groups including children, parents, and district employees.
- Work all onsite hours from 6:15am-8:15am and 2:30pm-6:00pm during the school year and work 35+ onsite hours over the summer program.
- Maintain good work habits, including punctuality and attendance.
- Function in various work settings, including gymnasiums, outdoor play areas, field trips, school buses, swimming pools, etc.
- Negotiation and persuasion techniques.
- Active Listening.
- Problem solving and decision making.
Required Education and Experience
- High School diploma or GED equivalent. Must be at least 19 years of age.
- Meet one of the following requirements:
- Two years minimum previous experience working in organized group activities for young children (verified by a positive reference from a former employer/supervisor).
- Successful completion of 6 credit hours or 36 clock hours of Department approved inservice in child development, early childhood education, or child care administration.
- Child Development Associate Credential/ Associate degree in child development, early childhood education or child care administration/ Bachelor degree from an accredited college/university and at least 6 credit hours in child development or early childhood education/ or a Bachelor degree in child development or early childhood education.
- CPR and First Aid Certification or ability to obtain certification.
Seeing and hearing: read documents, answer phones, communicate in person 75-100%
Standing and walking 75-100%
Climbing, stooping, squatting, and kneeling 25-49%
Dexterity: utilizing phone, typing, and writing 0-24%
Lift in excess of 10 pounds 0-24%
Essential Job Functions
All Star Kids Program Development and Site Management:
- Works with Program Director to plan and implement safe age and developmentally appropriate activities, routines, policies, and procedures in support of short and long range goals of the All Star Kids Program.
- Maintains a safe, clean, and healthy environment in accordance with all relevant laws and regulations.
- Ensures all state licensing requirements are met and maintained.
- Determines and provides a variety of nutritious snacks within state and budget guidelines.
- Oversees or assists with setting up and clean-up of snack/art time
- Responsible for planning and coordinating Them Weeks which include art, science, and trivia projects.
- Monitors and maintains needed supplies by personally shopping for needed supplies. Submits orders to Program Director and works within budget guidelines.
- Understands and is able to execute various emergency procedures as trained.
- Responsible for conducting fire and tornado drills to ensure compliance with state requirements.
- Completes weekly Director Reports, tracking employee and child attendance, discipline reports, accident reports, menus, sign in/out processes, time off requests, etc.
- Responds promptly to inquiry and complaints from All Star Kids employee and district staff.
- Collects fees from parents and forwards monies to the Program Director on a timely basis.
- Opens and closes building and rooms when arriving and departing from site.
Supervises and Interacts with Children at All Star Kids:
- Ensures constant and appropriate level of supervision of children by overseeing, monitoring, and directing the activities of employee and children.
- Actively participates in site activities as appropriate and provides positive guidance to both children and staff.
- Establishes and maintains open communication with parents, staff, and children in a respectful manner.
- Conducts Midlineroll call for the afternoon care to ensure all children are accounted for and attendance is properly tracked.
- Assists with behavior sheets, writeups, and accident reports and communicates issues and events to children, parents, and Program Director as appropriate.
- Provides appropriate care for children who become ill, are injured, or are upset.
- Helps clean up children and soiled garments resulting from toileting issues or other bodily fluids.
- Develops employee through performance feedback, training, and coaching.
- Disciplines and redirects employees as necessary.
- Manages employees and all activities of the All Star Kids Program in an effort to ensure confidentiality of sensitive information pertaining to staff, families, and children is maintained.
- Motivates employees and fosters an environment of trust, mutual respect, and teamwork to accomplish All Star Kids Program objectives.
- Attends employee meetings and inservice trainings.
- Conducts employee meetings as necessary.
InService Training Requirements:
- Attends twelve (12) hours of inservice training on an annual basis (January 1st - December 31st).
Site Directors will receive seven paid holidays per year, earning 5.25 hours of pay for each holiday.
The seven (7) paid holidays will include Memorial Day, the Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, the Friday following Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Day.
Paid Time Off:
Site Directors will receive paid time off based on their years of service to the AllStar Kids program, as follows: six months to three years of service= 42 hours paid time off; four to seven years of service= 52.5 hours paid time off; and seven or more years of service = 63 hours paid time off
- The All Star Kids calendar year will run from September 1 to August 31 each year.
- Paid time off must be used before the end of the calendar year.
- Paid time off will not accrue and will not be paid out at the end of the year if it is not used.
- Paid time off may be used for sick time, personal time, vacation, or emergencies.
- Paid holidays and paid time off will only become available to Site Directors and assistant Site Directors who have held the position of director for at least six months.