Position Type: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Benefits: Health & life insurance, vacation leave, sick leave, paid holidays, membership privileges, 403(b)
Pay: $35,000 starting annual salary/ DOE
The Facilities Supervisor is responsible for general facility operations and the maintenance and repairs of the buildings, grounds and equipment of Fontenelle Forest. The Facilities Supervisor supports Fontenelle Forest’s mission and vision by ensuring that Fontenelle Forest’s built and man-made infrastructure is safe, clean, and well maintained. This is a full-time position with a flexible weekday schedule including evenings and weekends as required. This position works closely with other departments and reports to the Executive Director or his/her designee.
- Keep buildings in a clean and orderly condition by examining the buildings on a regular basis for needed repairs, maintenance, and cleanliness
- Perform or arrange for routine maintenance and repairs for facilities and outdoor structures as needed. Work to include, but not limited to, light plumbing, electrical, carpentry, painting, caulking and sealing and other minor repairs.
- Maintain all building equipment and appliances
- Schedule and oversee vendors as needed for regular cleaning, maintenance, and repairs and vendor service agreements;
- Ensure facility cleaning and maintenance achieved by monitoring and supervising custodial and maintenance services
- Recruit, train, and direct activities of a facilities volunteer work force
- Ensure maintenance and safety checks are performed on all equipment and facilities
- Maintain inventory of cleaning supplies, restroom paper products, trash bags, etc.
- Oversee and administer the facilities and maintenance budget
- Maintain relationships with local vendors and suppliers who provide goods and services needed to maintain FF facilities
- Coordinate with education, events and facility rental staff to plan for and fulfill facility and equipment needs for programs, events, and space rentals.
- Maintain facility security through key management and security/alarm system administration
- Repair or install hardware and building accessories such as lighting, hinges, plumbing fixtures, corner guards, etc.
- Clean and repair furniture and fixtures, including but not limited to office furniture and displays
- Occasionally perform snow removal and assist rangers with basic grounds keeping and outdoor maintenance
- Set up and take down facility spaces used for meetings, programs, and events (including tables, chairs, portable walls and ancillary equipment
- Perform custodial duties if custodian is not available
- Support evening and weekend special events as needed
- On-call availability for after-hours alarm and building emergencies
- Complete projects and other duties assigned by the Executive Director and/or the Properties Superintendent. This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions. It does not proscribe or restrict the duties that may be assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma/ GED required. Associates degree and/or related certifications preferred.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in facilities maintenance and repairs
- Demonstrated ability to safely and effectively utilize a variety of power and hand tools
- Ability to identify and prioritize tasks and to work well with minimal supervision. Must be adaptable to changing schedules and work priorities.
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated positive customer service and pleasant attitude
- Must be able to follow OSHA safety guidelines
- Must maintain valid driver’s license and be insurable
- Ability to successfully pass background check
- Willingness and ability to work a flexible schedule, a weekend shift and some evenings will be required
- Extensive amounts of time standing, walking, bending and/or kneeling
- Occasionally ascends/descends a ladder to service fixtures and equipment above 6 feet
- Frequent set up and striking of tables, chairs and related equipment used for events
- Lifting up to 70 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds
- Use of power equipment, including but not limited to: drills, saws, other hand tools and floor cleaning equipment
- Occasionally exposed to extreme conditions (temperature, noise fumes, dust, etc.)
- Some amount of time spent outdoors
To Apply: Send cover letter, resume, and 3 professional references to email@example.com
Fontenelle Forest is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran in the administration of any of its employment related policies and practices.
Fontenelle Forest participates in E-Verify / Fontenelle Forest Participate on E-Verify.