Lead software engineers are responsible for proactively supporting Enterprise Architecture (EA) activities, provide the leadership, facilitation, analysis and design tasks required for enterprise’s technical architecture. They develop reusable standards and guidelines for evolving technology across the organization. They facilitate and orchestrate the delivery of targeted business outcomes through technical decisions.
Position Specific Responsibilities/Accountabilities:
1. Technical Strategy: Support Enterprise Architects effort to define and implement the strategic technical direction.
• Analyze enterprise business context to derive future state.
• Define metrics to measure and demonstrate enterprise technology value.
• Lead the analysis of the current technology baseline, detect critical deficiencies, and recommend solutions for improvement.
• Understand technology trends and the practical application of existing and emerging technologies.
• Collaborate with other professionals to determine functional and non-functional requirements for new software or applications
• Develop high-level product specifications with attention to system integration and feasibility.
• Drive digital innovation by leveraging innovative technologies and practical approaches.
• Create representations for functions and user interface of the desired product.
• Define high-level migration plans to address the gaps between the current and future state
• Oversee and facilitate the research, evaluation, and selection of technology
• Identify the organizational impact and financial impact of technology decisions.
• Comfortable with top-bottom and bottom-up planning.
• Provide high level and detailed estimates.
• Decompose work in work packages.
• Communicate all concepts and guidelines successfully to the development team.
• Consult on application and infrastructure projects to ensure alignment with enterprise technical architecture.
• Oversee the progress of the project team to ensure consistency with the initial design.
• Provide technical guidance and coaching to developers and engineers
• Collaborate with business constituents, EA team members, project teams, and staff in various IT functional areas.
• Approve final product before launch by ensuring software meets all requirements of quality, security, modifiability, extensibility, etc.
Promotes and adheres with the District’s Safety Manual. Performs all work in the safest manner and stops work if safety-related issues exist to people, equipment and plant/department. Provide support to the Manager in leading and developing the integration of policies, procedures, and practices.
2. Compliance: Understands, maintains knowledge, and complies with all company policies, procedures, and applicable Federal and State laws and regulations. Ensuring all internal controls, policies/procedures, and standard practices do not conflict with applicable compliance requirements.
3. Communication: Promptly review and apply Corporate, Business Unit, departmental and team-specific communications. Design, deliver and reinforce effective communications as required by the role.
4. Continuous Improvement: Lead initiatives to research, identify, and implement opportunities to enhance the operational effectiveness of assigned function(s). Assist in fostering an environment for the assigned area, workgroup, or function that ensures opportunities are identified and implemented when possible.
· Lead business unit and cross-organizational transformational initiatives. · Maintain industry awareness and modern practices.
5. Fiscal Accountability: Provide input to Manager on a budget design. Effectively cares for all corporate property, tools, and equipment in order to minimize cost.
6. Cross-Functional Working Relationships (CFWR): Define, assign, and ensure adherence to all assigned/applicable CFWR for self & assigned functions/teams. Work collaboratively with peers and other work groups, exhibit professional behavior, and promote positive working relationships.
7. Work Assignment: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time. Minimum Qualifications: Required:
· Bachelor’s degree, preferably in computer science, system analysis, or related field, or a combination of education and work experience that provides the necessary skills to perform the essential job functions.
· Minimum of 10 years of proven work experience of design and implementation experience in IT, in-depth knowledge in the following technical disciplines: middleware, database management.
· Experience in software development and coding in various languages.
· Exposure, to multiple, diverse technical configurations, technologies and processing environments (such as inside out, outside-in and outside-out).
· Solid knowledge of personal computer software and hardware, particularly Windows 7, Windows 10, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office product suite, Active Directory, and Exchange.
· Excellent knowledge of software and application design and architecture.
· Excellent understanding of UML and other modeling methods.
· Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills are required, including the ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both verbally and in writing.
· Must be able to work independently and collaboratively with minimum supervision. Requires exceptional organizational skills, problem-solving skills, and flexibility in changing priorities.
· Be a team player with the ability to share knowledge and develop colleagues for the overall benefit of the team and organization.
· Experience as a Software Architect · Familiar with tools and platforms such as Confluence, Jira, GIT, Jenkins, Ansible. · Working knowledge of C#, .NET, Java, PLSQL, PowerShell, People Language
|Date Posted||July 7, 2019|
|Date Closes||August 6, 2019|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|
|Job Type||Full-time Employee|
|Hours||40 hours per week|
|SOC Category||15-1031.00 Computer Software Engineers, Applications|
This job offers the following benefits
This job requires the following skills
This job is related other jobs in these career categories
Course(s) relevant to the skills listed for this position