Software engineers are responsible to translate software requirements into workable programming code. They are also responsible for maintaining code in the context of production operations. While maintaining a broad understanding of the field, they are specialized in a specific development field. It is expected that this role will have in-depth knowledge of at least one computer language. They are responsible for following existing software development practices and procedures to include testing code and coordination with QA “Quality Assurance” Engineers and customers.
Position Specific Responsibilities/Accountabilities:
1. Software Development: Involved with all the facets of software development. • Able to implement medium complexity features • Develop code based on the design documents as well as functional and non-functional requirements. • Produce clean and efficient code. • Review and debug code. • Unit and integration test to check that output from the program work as intended. • Work with the quality assurance and other teams to ensure the successful handover of code and rest of the deliverables. • React to problems and correct the program as necessary. • Writing detailed documentation.
2. Planning: Actively involved in the preparation of projects. • Comfortable with bottom-up planning. • Provide high level and detailed estimates. • Decompose work into work packages. • Prioritize own tasks.
1. Safety: Promotes and adheres with the District’s Safety Manual. Performs all work in the safest manner and stops work if safety-related issues exist to people, equipment and plant/department. Analyze, report, and recommend solutions for all safety concerns to appropriate leadership.
2. Compliance: Understands, maintains knowledge, and complies with all company policies, procedures, and applicable Federal and State laws and regulations.
3. Communication: Promptly review and apply Corporate, Business Unit, departmental and team-specific communications. Design, deliver and reinforce effective communications as required by the role.
4. Continuous Improvement: Research and identify improvement opportunities related to work practices, procedures, documentation, tools or equipment.
Applies improved work methods in the execution of work. ? Identify opportunities to improve the software development processes, methodologies, and best practices to streamline the execution of projects. ? Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting. ? Maintain industry awareness and modern practices.
5. Fiscal Accountability: Adheres to all budget and expense policies and procedures. Provide input to Manager on budget design as necessary. Effectively cares for all corporate property, tools, and equipment in order to minimize cost.
6. Cross-Functional Working Relationships (CFWR): Identify opportunities to work collaboratively with peers and other work groups, exhibit professional behavior, and promote positive working relationships.
7. Work Assignment: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Minimum Qualifications: Required:
|Date Posted||May 15, 2019|
|Date Closes||June 14, 2019|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|
|Job Type||Full-time Employee|
|Hours||40 hours per week|
|SOC Category||15-1132.00 Software Developers, Applications|
This job offers the following benefits
This job requires the following skills
This job is related other jobs in these career categories
Course(s) relevant to the skills listed for this position