- Extensive expertise (5-7 years) in the following areas:
- Subject matter expertise in multiple strategic areas
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret complex problems or processes, identify and understand requirements, and develop alternative solutions.
- Design, implementation, and management of Continuous Integration (CI) processes for medium size organization
- Design, implementation, and management of Continuous Deployment process for medium size organization
- Extensive Cloud experience (Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google) especially in deploying and managing production workloads
- Proven record of managing medium size DevOps engineering team(s).
- BS in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- Graduate degree in Computer Science or related field a plus.
- Additional coursework and/or some training certifications are preferred.
- The key competencies for this position include the following:
- Deep Knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC) including Agile Development Methodology
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and, consultative skills, work effectively with clients, vendors, peers, and business/IT management.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to stay current on trends and development within the functional area of experience along with the industry.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Willingness to learn, a can-do attitude, and motivated to succeed and grow.
- Knowledge of at least one and preferably two programming languages (e.g. Java, C/C++/C#)
Must demonstrate accountability, sound decision making, analytical thoroughness, clear and concise communications, and the ability to lead and mentor team members.
*MUST have C#, .NET background NOT Java based.
*MUST have some software based orchestration with Puppet experience and some CHEF is okay too.
* MUST Absolutely have JENKINS - Must understand scheduling processes.
Nice to have:
*Apache Cloud Stack web server experience.
*Working with the part of the Ignites platform (product/servers ) that have a tendency towards the .NET platform.
*3-5 years of experience in Windows support is great!
* Linux Operations support experience is helpful as well (3-5 years experience).
*Extensive AWS experience PREFERRED and/or AZURE experience. However limited AWS or no experience might work if you are highly skilled in all other areas.
*Python and PowerShell which would be great too but NOT a Requirement.